ISO Grilled Pork Tenderloin Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
I have a small pork tenderloin (about 8 oz, and pretty skinny) that I want to cook on the grill. I've never done this before so would appreciate any tips and recipes you all might have. The cut is so small I worry about drying it out.

Thanks! :)

I just posted a new recipe. There were a couple more in this section, did you take a look at those?

THis is a TNT recipe I got at a cooking class I attended. Husband loves it.

Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Pan Roasted Corn Salsa

1 ounce corn oil

Juice of 1 lime

Zest of 1 lime

2 teaspoons ground cumin seed

1 Serrano Chile, thinly sliced

2 cloves garlic thinly sliced

1 teaspoon kosher salt (or 1/2 teaspoon regular salt)

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 pork tenderloin, approximately 1 pound, trimmed

1 recipe Pan-Roasted Corn Salsa (recipe below)

1. Place the oil, lime juice, lime zest, chile, garlic and salt in a 2 quart bowls or plastic bag. (The bag works best). Mix the ingredients well.

2. Add the pork tenderloin and coat evenly with the ingredients. Cover bowl or seal plastic bag and refrigerate for at least one hour.

3. Preheat a grill or oven broiler. Season the pork with salt and pepper, and grill or broil to an internal temperature of 150º. (Take it out at 140º and it will rise to 150º while it rests) Rest the meat for at least 5 minutes before slicing.

4. Serve either warm or cold with Pan-Roasted Corn Salsa.

Pan Roasted Corn Salsa

3 ears fresh yellow corn, kernels cut from the cob

1 ounce canola oil

3 large red tomatoes

4 cloves garlic, skin on

1 chipotle pepper (canned chipotle in adobo sauce)

1/4 cup red onion, finely diced

1/4 cup cilantro, chopped

Salt to taste

NOTE: WHEN SEARING CORN KERNELS, HAVE A COVER READY TO PUT ON THE SKILLET AS THE CORN WILL SOMETIMES POP OUT OF THE SKILLET. DO NOT COVER TIGHTLY AS YOU DO NOT WANT THE CORN TO STEAM.

1. Preheat broiler.

2. Heat a large skillet over a medium high burner and add canola oil. When the oil is hot, add the corn kernels and sear for 3 minutes, stirring often until the corn is sweet and lightly browned at the edges. Remove the pan from heat and allow the corn to cool.

3. Place tomatoes on a sheetpan, stem side down, and broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until blackend on top. Turn the tomatoes and broil until blackened on the other side. Remove the pan from the broiler and allow the tomatoes to cool. DO NOT PEEL TOMATOES.

4. Place the garlic cloves (unpeeled) in a dry saute pan. Heat the pan over a medium burner. Toast, turning occasionally, until the garlic is browned in spots and soft to the touch. Cool and peel the garlic.

5. Combine tomatoes, garlic and chipotle chile in the work bowl of a food processor. Process to a smooth consistency. Transfer the contents of the work bowl to a mixing bowl and fold in the remaining ingredients. Season with salt to taste and refrigerate until use.

6. Serve over pork tenderloin.

I'd have to look it up but I have a great recipe that I cook when tenderloin is on sale. Its grilled pork tacos. You do shishkabobs with the pork and pineapple pieces then serve them on a corn tortilla with some cabbage and salsa.

THere are a bunch of spices in the pork marinade that I can look up if it sounds good at all.

Mr_Dove said:
I'd have to look it up but I have a great recipe that I cook when tenderloin is on sale. Its grilled pork tacos. You do shishkabobs with the pork and pineapple pieces then serve them on a corn tortilla with some cabbage and salsa.

THere are a bunch of spices in the pork marinade that I can look up if it sounds good at all.

Mr. Dove, this sounds wonderful!!! If you don't mind looking up the recipe, I'd really appreciate it.

The other suggestions sound good too. I may just have to get more tenderloin!

This recipes is called "Pork and pineapple soft tacos" published in a cookbook called Health Latin Cooking" by Steven Raichlen.

1 small ripe pineapple (I've used canned chunks)
1 pound lean pork loin, trimmed of all fat and cut into 1/2" cubes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons pure chili powder or hot paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 medium onion, halved crosswise
2 tablespoons red-win vinegar
1 cup finely shredded cabbage
1/2 finely chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup of your favorite salsa
corn tortillas

Working over a medium bowl to catch the juices, trim the leaves and rind off the pineapple, core the flesh, and cut into 1/2" cubes. Place the cut pineapple in a seperate bowl.

In a large bowl, mix together the pork, garlic, ghicli powder, salt, pepper, and cumin. Let stand for 5 minutes. Thinly slice half the onion. Add to the bowl along with the vinegar and reserved pineapple juice. Stir briefly. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour (or more if you like).

Preheat the grill

thread the pork and reserved pineapple alternately onto skewers. Discard the marinade. Grill the babobs for 2 minutes per side (8 minutes total) or until the pork is no longer pink in the center. Transfer to a platter.

While the pork is cooking, finely chop the remaining half onion. Place onions, cabbage, cilantro and salsa in serving bowls. Warm the tortillas on the grill until soft and pliable.

To serve, let diners unskewer the meat and pineapple into a tortilla (use the tortilla as a pot holder) and spoon some of the onions, cabbage, cilantro and salsa on top.

(I usually use 2 cans of chunk pineapple, using the juices as part of the marinade and let it marinade for at least 8 hours. Always been a fan of long marinade times)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom