Ranch burgers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GFC56

Assistant Cook
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]1-1/2 pounds ground beef[/FONT]​
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]4 teaspoons Ranch Rub (recipe follows)[/FONT]​
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]4 hamburger buns, split[/FONT]​
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]1/4 cup prepared creamy ranch dressing[/FONT]​
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]2 tablespoons canned French-fried onions[/FONT]​
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Romaine lettuce, tomato slices[/FONT]​
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]1. Lightly shape ground beef into four 3/4-inch thick patties. Press Ranch Rub onto patties.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]2. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place patties in skillet; cook 12 to 15 minutes to medium (160°F) doneness, until not pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning once.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]3. Serve in buns with dressing, onions, lettuce and tomato.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Makes 4 servings.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Ranch Rub: Combine 2 teaspoons sweet paprika, 2 teaspoons dried thyme, 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper and 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper. Store in airtight container. Shake before using. Makes 3 tablespoons.

ranch_burger.jpg

[/FONT]http://www.orbeef.org/ranch_burgers.htm

looks good gfc. the rub is very close to what i use on broiled or baked chicken except for the red and white pepper. does the white pepper make a difference? and is the red pepper hot, or is it red peppercorns?

Last edited:
I Love Ranch!

We eat ranch burgers at my house all the time except we just pour the dressing onto the burger, we would usually just season it with various spices, salt & pepper or season-all. I might have to try rubbing those spices in, it sounds really yummy. Thanks for the idea.

What do you think of rubbing a pouch of the powdered ranch dressing mix into the meat?

I just tried these yesterday and they were a huge success with my family! I mixed an envelope of ranch powder with the meat, and a bit of egg to make it hold together. I followed the suggested toppings, ranch dressing, french fried onions, lettuce and tomato - yummmm! Made 8 very happy people.

:) Can some one tell me how to print recipe only, every time I try I get recipe and all the replies sometimes there are many pages of replies and ink is expensive.HELP!

Back
Top Bottom