Cake Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wyogal

Head Chef
Here's a cake I made over Easter weekend for a party. It is a Strawberry Bavarian Cream Torte, with apricot/pineapple jam, fresh strawberries, candied oranges, coconut (as a garnish with orange zest, and used canned coconut milk in the cake and Bavarian cream).

IMG_6757.jpg

IMG_6762.jpg
IMG_6757.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, it did! Thanks for your comments! Add your cake pictures here!!!!

Some people have such talent. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them. When I do cakes they look like a 4 year old did them. I can bake, just not decorate.

img_817851_0_2b7e2c0520f5307d925c739f902e7e0d.jpg

Thanks! I think it's my best cake! I have been known to scrape b-day cakes into the garbage and run out to the supermarket bakery!!!! I'm looking forward to doing more!

View attachment 7124There's a doll cake design idea on this birthday cake recipe article. They suggest using a vicoria sponge cake as a base - what do you all think? Is that steady enough to support a heavy design (using multiple fondant layers)?

Actually, if you have the proper support structure, sponge and chiffon cakes work very well. I did this cake in an orange buttermilk chiffon and each tier is 4" so you get the idea that this is not a "little" cake. The bumps in the fondant are not from the cake or sloppy placement. The bride wanted little daisies etched into the fondant....and so I did.:chef:

Attachments

• BrandonCake1.jpg
    BrandonCake1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 210
Thanks, Kathleen. I have five more this summer so will hopefully have some more pictures to show soon. I am in fact up to my neck in red sugar roses today!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom