"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cakes & Cupcakes
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2018, 12:54 AM   #1
Senior Cook

ISO a good recipe for banana bread (cake?) ,oatmeal cake, pumpkin cake, applesauce...

I am looking for a recipe for the above mentioned cakes. I am hoping to find something that will hold up to being doubled (to make 2 9"x13" cakes). The pan I will be using will be approximately a half sheet cake pan - does anyone know the exact specs of a full sheet cake for sure? The banana cake recipe will probably be the biggest challenge because of the weight of the dough.

Any sheet cake recipes will be appreciated - especially if they are something that you have used often.

pengyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:38 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

The recipe I have for my Mom's Banana Nut Bread make a great loaf of bread. I've make in only in a standard 9 x 5 loaf pan. I don't know if/how it would work if you make it in a 9 x 13 cake pan, though.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:56 PM   #3
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
The recipe I have for my Mom's Banana Nut Bread make a great loaf of bread. I've make in only in a standard 9 x 5 loaf pan. I don't know if/how it would work if you make it in a 9 x 13 cake pan, though.
Yes, I have some good recipes for loaf breads but they DON'T work well in a cake pan. I will keep on looking. I wonder if I were to whip the banana and add egg white to it to lighten it up....
pengyou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple, apples, applesauce cake recipe, banana, banana bread recipe, bread, cake, oatmeal, oatmeal cake, pumpkin, pumpkin cake, recipe, sauce

ISO a good recipe for banana bread (cake?) ,oatmeal cake, pumpkin cake, applesauce... I am looking for a recipe for the above mentioned cakes. I am hoping to find something that will hold up to being doubled (to make 2 9"x13" cakes). The pan I will be using will be approximately a half sheet cake pan - does anyone know the exact specs of a full sheet cake for sure? The banana cake recipe will probably be the biggest challenge because of the weight of the dough. Any sheet cake recipes will be appreciated - especially if they are something that you have used often. 3 stars 1 reviews