"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cakes & Cupcakes

Old 06-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Not to mention another one pan cake recipe would KA...

Old 06-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #22
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Took me a second...ROFL!!!!!

Old 06-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #23
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
LOL!! I use KA recipes in my KA mixer...my sister's name is Kelly Anne...

Does Kelly Anne have an in the pan yellow cake recipe??? I'll check the KA website...
Old 06-07-2013, 01:04 AM   #24
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Does Kelly Anne have an in the pan yellow cake recipe??? I'll check the KA website...
Not likely...I don't think she even knows what a stove or oven are. A fridge holds Coca Cola, food comes from delivery or drive through.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:40 PM   #25
Certified Pretend Chef

Update

Finally got around to this project again. I gave up on a one pan classic yellow cake and decided to focus on a great recipe instead.

I searched a ton via Google and collected recipes from the King Arthur site, Pillsbury, Martha Stewart and DC. After some thought, I went for a Martha recipe as her quick chocolate cake recipe was such a winner.

The recipe was for two 9" cake pans. I made the full recipe and put it into one 9" springform pan. I didn't use all the batter. I suspect this decision may result in a less than great result as I had to bake it for a really long time. If I use this recipe again, I'd halve it.

I plan on topping the cake with a chocolate glaze and we'll have it for dessert after dinner tonight with my daughter and her family. I'll let you know how it came out.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:16 PM   #26
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

I find that a recipe that calls for a 9x13 or 2-8" pans does well in a 10" round pan.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 05:42 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
I find that a recipe that calls for a 9x13 or 2-8" pans does well in a 10" round pan.
bc, I am so glad this subject came up. I presently have two aluminum 8" cake pans. They work fine for me, but I would like to get new ones. Preferably darker ones. So, should I stick with the 8" or go up to the 9"? Most of the cakes I make have a lot of batter. I am going to be making a lemon poppy seed cake with cream cheese frosting and the directions call for a large loaf pan. I want to make it a layer cake. Which pans should I go for?
Old 10-31-2014, 08:39 PM   #28
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
The cake turned out dry and dense as I suspected. It also didn't taste all that good. It had the texture of bread. Next time I'll try one of the other recipes without fiddling so I have a better chance at success.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:53 PM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
The cake turned out dry and dense as I suspected. It also didn't taste all that good. It had the texture of bread. Next time I'll try one of the other recipes without fiddling so I have a better chance at success.
Sorry to hear that Andy. I still say the best Chocolate Cake is Hershey's. On the back of the Hershey cocoa can. It is even more richer tasting if you use the Dark Chocolate Special cocoa. So moist and light. Even their frosting recipe is perfect. Not too sweet and real chocolate tasting. You will find it right below the cake recipe. Or you could go to the Hershey site.

https://www.hersheys.com/celebrate/h...l.aspx?id=8108

Old 10-31-2014, 08:55 PM   #30
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Sorry to hear that Andy. I still say the best Chocolate Cake is Hershey's. On the back of the Hershey cocoa can. It is even more richer tasting if you use the Dark Chocolate Special cocoa. So moist and light. Even their frosting recipe is perfect. Not too sweet and real chocolate tasting. You will find it right below the cake recipe. Or you could go to the Hershey site.

https://www.hersheys.com/celebrate/h...l.aspx?id=8108

Thanks Addie but I'm ISO a yellow cake.

Tags
cake, recipe

ISO - One Pan Yellow Cake Recipe I recently posted a chocolate cake recipe, [URL]http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/dinner-sunday-2nd-june-2013-a-85786.html#post1271578[/URL] that was, a.) smaller in size to fit into an 8" or 9" square pan and, b) a one pan recipe where you mix the recipe in the baking dish and pop it into the oven. Perfect for a lazy baker like me. I've been searching and cannot find the yellow cake equivalent. Can any of our baking experts offer a helping hand or am I out of luck because "yellow cakes are different"? 3 stars 1 reviews