Philadelphia Cheese cake in a tub

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
I just tried the new ready to eat Cheesecake in a Tub!!!
OH My It is so baddddddddd I could of eaten the whole tub.
Opened it up and tasted , It didn't make back to the fridge while i was putting my groceries away. out came the grahm crackers and began dipping them into it and then I thought hmm wonder how it would be after i dipped the crackers into in put a spoonful of rasberry jam on it. I have Died and gone to heaven and no baking or dishes. But if i keep this up I am going to have to join a gym.

I do see alot of possibiltys for it - Quick appetisers,
Snacks - grahm cracker sandwich - spread and the jelly.
quick dessert - a pound cake sliced into thirds and spread it with the cheescake and then pie filling of choice.

What can I say -- try it YUMMY

I totally agree, letscook!
I sent away for a coupon a couple months back and so I got to try it for free (!)
Besides the regular, here's one my teenager thought up:
in a tall thin glass, layer the following:
philly
oreo cookie crumbles
a mix of philly + hershey's syrup (makes chocolate cheesecake flavor)
oreo crumbles
philly
top with whipped cream and a tiny bit of hershey's syrup

letscook said:
Opened it up and tasted , It didn't make back to the fridge while i was putting my groceries away. out came the grahm crackers and began dipping them into it and then I thought hmm wonder how it would be after i dipped the crackers into in put a spoonful of rasberry jam on it. I have Died and gone to heaven and no baking or dishes. But if i keep this up I am going to have to join a gym.

quick dessert - a pound cake sliced into thirds and spread it with the cheescake and then pie filling of choice.

I've seen it advertised on TV, and think Corey 123 mentioned the product not long ago. The ad shows spreading the filling in a pie crust and refrigerating for an instant cheesecake. I will have to live vicariously through you, cuz I'm too skeered to keep it in the house :LOL: An idea, is to pipe it into hulled straberries. Dare I ask, what the fat & sugar content is?

Last edited:
jkath--That sounds great to-- I am going to have to join a gym or summer better get here fast so I can get walking outside. Thanks for another Idea

Last edited:
I love that stuff! I've got one that I added a little key lime extract(RC Fine foods) to, it is delish! Great when you just want a bite of something, but one bite hardly ever does it.

Also a great stuffing for hulled strawberries.

you can make your own quite easily, and with much less fat to boot.

sweeten some yoghurt to taste, flavor with lemon or vanilla, and set it with some gelatin. you can do the cookie crust thing or not. if you don't need to bake the cookie crust, you can pour it directly into tupperware and let it set.

letscook said:

I recently started a thread on this product, and at the time, no one has tried it. Glad to hear that YOU like it!;)

I ACUALLY DID buy a tub of it along with a Nabisco Vanilla Wafer crust, but I have not tried it yet. It's still sealed up in the tub.

You can virtually wait up until the last minute to prepare this because there is no mixing, baking or a multitude of dirty bowls to have to clean!:cool:

This is the lazy quick & easy perfect way out for those who don't want to go through the hassle of making a regular cheescake and baking it, which I plan to do sometime in the spring just for kicks and giggles.:chef:

Last edited:
vanilla wafers and the put a little of the filling on and then a dap of rasberry jelly -- love as a snack instead of a hand full of chips. but probably has more calories then the chips.

A few more ideas - re the strawberries, here is a recipe I have made with cream cheese or mascarpone for appys. You could give it a try using the tubbed cheesecake filling. Wash & hull the strawberries, make about 3 cuts thru the top, but not through the berry (like a flower petal) & fill:

RECIPE for Strawberry Blossoms, Dessert or Appetizer

If you do a search here, a recipe that's impressive & easy is Cheesecake in a martini glass.

Another idea/recipe, cheesecake lollipops. If I didn't post the recipe, send up a flare, & I would be happy to share.

Yet another idea, based on tiramisu bon bons - you could use a melon baller and scoop the cheesecake filling into balls & freeze. Drizzle with melted chocolate & freeze again.

Last edited:
Mr HB will love this! Dipping cookies in it would be his idea of a supersnack! :)

For any of you who clip coupons, there was a $1 off in this past Sunday's paper (3/4/07) If your store doubles coupons, you'll get it for such a deal!

Another "what do you mean your mother's coming over now?" idea: Start with one of those keebler vanilla cookie crusts, add the cheesecake filling, top with some instant chocolate pudding and top with a layer of whipped cream. Sprinkle with some of those mini-chocolate chips. Set up in the fridge and you're done in under 10 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom