Spicy cream cake with honey topping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah

Head Chef
ok i was searching for some good cake recipes,i came across this one,looks very good,will make it next time i wanna bake a cake,here goes...

2 cups sifted cake flour
1/2 teaspoon each cinnamon and cardamom
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sour cream
2 large eggs
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons vanilla

Topping:
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon milk
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 tablespoon cinnamon
1/3 cup chopped walnuts

Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9-inch springform pan. Sift flour, spices, baking powder and baking soda onto waxed paper. Set aside.
Using an electric mixer, whip the creams and eggs in a large mixing bowl until well blended. Add sugar and vanilla and whip on medium speed 3 minutes until mixture is lighter and thicker. Lower mixer speed, add dry ingredients and blend just until batter is smooth. Pour into prepared pan and bake until center of cake springs back when lightly touched with fingers, about 30 to 35 minutes. While cake bakes begin topping: In a small saucepan, melt butter; add flour; stir to combine. Add milk, sugar, honey and cinnamon; blend over low heat until bubbly.
When cake tests done, pour over top, sprinkle nuts over topping; return to oven just 3 minutes longer. Remove to a cooling rack for 15 minutes. Remove springform sides; cool completely before serving. Serves 8.

Back
Top Bottom