TNT - Banana Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

htc

Head Chef

g butter 1 cup sugar 1 egg 1 1/2 cups flour 2 tablespoons milk 1 teaspoon baking soda, dissolved in the milk 1 teaspoon baking powder 3 mashed ripe bananas 1 teaspoon vanilla essence salt
  1. Cream butter and sugar, add egg and soda thats been dissolved in the milk, then add bananas and dry ingredients.
  2. Bake in 8 inch square pan in moderate oven (350F or 180C) for 20-30 minutes or until skewer comes out dry.
  3. Ice with favourite icing.
  4. I use a chocolate butter icing.
=========
I pulled this recipe off of recipezaar (9841)and loved it! Had 30 positive reviews, so I knew I had to try it! Definitely a cake, not a banan bread, more light and fluffy than a bread. I had it with fresh slices of banana and fresh whipped cream. Yummy!

Hi HTC ~
This sounds great and I would love to use my overripe bananas to make this, but I have a few questions. What does 125g of butter translate to in cups? What is vanilla essence salt? Thanks for your help.
Auntie Shelly

125ml is 1/2 cup.

I believe that should read vanilla essence AND salt. Just guessing though.

It ended up being just a little over 1 stick of butter. I hope you end up trying it Shelly, it was so good!

Thanks for the correction Alix! For some reason when I pasted the recipe it looked ok, but then after I submitted, it all came together.

Shelly, let me know what you think. I loved it and had it with coffee...yum yum yum!

The banana cake was great, HTC! This is definitely a keeper!! I mixed some finely ground pecans with a little sugar and cinnamon and sprinkled the mixture over the cake batter before baking. It added just a little crunch and cinnamon flavor. Next time, I'm tempted to double the recipe and try to freeze some for those days when I have a craving and no time to bake! Thanks for sharing your delicious recipe!

Shelly, your varation sounds so good! I will try that next time. I'm really glad you liked it, though I can't take credit for it, since I got it from someone else! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom