these a delicious recipe of Coffee Cake
Coffee cakes are delicious quick breads made from batter that produces a tender, dry, flaky cake with a slightly sweet taste. The name refers to being served as an accompaniment to coffee, as the cakes themselves do not require coffee as ingredients, and in fact rarely have coffee in them. Coffee cakes can be made very plain and simple, or be filled with fruits, nuts and spices and topped with a sugary glaze.
The cakes are made from batter and not dough, so they do not require time for rising. The batter, in most cases will be baked immediately upon creation to insure consistent results. Some batters may handle easier if slightly chilled before use.
Pay close attention to oven temperatures and always preheat ovens to the specified temperature so the high heat can properly activate ingredients as they begin baking. Some recipes require special baking pans, such as a spring-form pan, typically used in the making of cheesecakes, or Bundt pan.
CoffeeCakeRecipes.net presents dozens of different varieties for this delicious comfort food. Enjoy a coffee cake tomorrow as they can be whipped up and in the oven in minutes.
Learn about quick breads, their ingredients and tips and techniques for making the best possible baked goods. Master a few recipes and then experiment with your own favorite flavor combinations to create new coffee cakes. We’re always adding new recipes, so bookmark the site, and return often.
Caramel Pecan Coffee Cake
1-3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 Envelopes Yeast
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
3/4 Cup Very Warm Water
2 Tablespoons Butter, melted
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/3 Cup Dark Corn Syrup
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar, firmly packed
2 Tablespoons Salted Butter, melted
1/2 Cup Pecans, chopped
1. Mix together the flour, yeast, sugar, salt, warm water and butter in a pre-sprayed 9 1/2" deep-dish pie plate.
2. In a bowl, stir together the corn syrup, brown sugar and butter.
3. Add the chopped pecans and mix well.
4. Combine the cinnamon sugar topping ingredients in a bowl.
5. Top the batter with the cinnamon sugar topping.
6. Spoon the caramel pecan topping over the batter.
7. Bake by placing in a cold oven.
8. Set the temperature to 350 degrees.
9. Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and firm in center.
10. Cool slightly, serve warm.
I hope you enjoy !!!!!