ISO your favourite Christmas cookie recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No problem, I'm not ready to bake anyway...they just sound wonderful! Waiting is...
The dough is addictive--my grandma always froze it and then we would slice it into little squares...the flavor of the dough reminds me of caramel (the kind you get when you heat up sweetened condensed milk). Sometimes, I have to make a 2nd batch because I ate too much of the dough ...

The dough is addictive--my grandma always froze it and then we would slice it into little squares...the flavor of the dough reminds me of caramel (the kind you get when you heat up sweetened condensed milk). Sometimes, I have to make a 2nd batch because I ate too much of the dough ...

I am so guilty of eating cookie dough...:pig:

I've made all of these many times:

JAM THUMBPRINTS (rolled in coconut). (I bake at 325 F, and line the pans with parchment paper):
Jam Thumbprint Cookies Recipe : Ina Garten : Recipes : Food Network

CINNAMON COOKIES
Cinnamon Cookies Recipe - Food.com - 48241

CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO CHEWS
***NOTE: There's a typo in the recipe - it should be 1 1/4 cups flour NOT 1/4 cup.
A Monster of a Cookie
PH2006071301541.jpg

oooeeegooeeeyy chocolate chews! crunchy-sticky-chewy-chocolaty AND coffeeyee cookies--oh my, my, my.....:yum: gotta have them!

oooeeegooeeeyy chocolate chews! crunchy-sticky-chewy-chocolaty AND coffeeyee cookies--oh my, my, my.....:yum: gotta have them!

Try them! (I do very rounded Tbsp, and bake about 10 minutes. I also omit the nuts).
I promise that you'll love love love them!
They're absolutely decadent and addictive!

Last edited:
My Grandma's Peppernuts recipe

I'll PM my grandma's recipe to you tomorrow, I'm at the farm and the recipe is at home.

This is the recipe--I've made these since I was knee-high to a grasshopper. I have cut this recipe in half and had no problems with it:

1 lb butter, softened (must be butter)
1 c brown sugar
1 c dark Karo syrup
1 level tsp baking soda dissolved in warm water
1 T powdered ginger
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
4-1/2 c AP flour

1. Cream the butter, sugar, and syrup together.
2. Add the baking soda.
3. Sift the flower, ginger, and black pepper together.
4. Blend the dry ingredients into the creamed ingredients.
5. Make a 2"x2" log--about 6 inches long, wrap in waxed paper, put in the freezer overnight.
6. Preheat oven to 375 with the rack in the middle.
7. Cut doug into 1/8" slices (you can do short or long end--I cut it short end and get 16 pieces out of each slice [each square should be about the size of a dime]).
8. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet (I use parchment paper, but my grandma did not)
9. Bake 5-7 minutes (watch them--they can burn)

Note: You can add grated orange or lemon zest and ground caradmon--I always use unsalted butter. The cookies should be crisp--if they are puffed and soft, you are cutting the slices too thick. I store mine in a canning jar--we eat these by the handful. I am addicted to the dough--frozen.

Last edited:
I like to make sugar cookies and use bashed up candy canes in them like you would use chocolate chips.

I have always been facinated with Scandinavian sweets. They are so interesting. Sure, Viennese bakeries fill their windows with elegant, beautfiful pastries, but they are certainly something that the ordinary home baker cannot possible hope to emulate in their own kitchen. :angel:
Addie, in Denmark and Sweden most pastries are called "Wienerbrød". It means Viennese bread. In Sweden, when they make particularly good pastries, they call them Danish Viennese bread. :LOL:
:angel:

Favourite Christmas Cookie

Vanilla Kipferle

This is a german christmas cookie recipe my mother would make every year. Very easy to make, looks good and tastes delicious.

FOR THE DOUGH

250 g flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
125 g sugar
1/4 tsp salt
3 egg yolks
200 g butter, softened
125 g finely ground almonds or hazelnuts

For dusting the cookies

1/2 cup powdered sugar mixed with 1 pkg vanilla sugar

Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
Make a well, add sugar. On top of sugar add the yolks.
Add ground nuts
Put pieces of butter all around the edges of the sugar
With your hands quickly form into a ball. Do not knead or over mix
Break off small pieces of dough and form into crescents
Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
Bake for 8 – 10 minutes @ 325 F
Cookies should be a very light brown.
While still warm sprinkle with sugar mixture

Almond crescents | oven 325 degrees

1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup whole blanched almonds, finely ground
5 ounces (10 tablespoons) salted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
*Vanilla sugar, for rolling

Beat all ingredients until combined, about 2 minutes. Rest at room temperature for 2 hours.

Form 1 tablespoon of dough into a crescent shape. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat, packing cookies fairly close together.
Bake until light golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on trays for 10 minutes.

Roll in vanilla sugar.

To make vanilla sugar, split two vanilla beans and place in an airtight container with 2 cups sugar. Let stand overnight and up to 3 months.

We have to get our Christmas cookie sheet put together this weekend for our cafe. Several have been asking for it again this year. Alot will order early so we can get an idea of how much to make. Christmas parties are starting up for us this weekend. Hard to believe that friday is the end of the month already.

Thanks for sharing :)

This is the recipe--I've made these since I was knee-high to a grasshopper. I have cut this recipe in half and had no problems with it:

1 lb butter, softened (must be butter)
1 c brown sugar
1 c dark Karo syrup
1 level tsp baking soda dissolved in warm water
1 T powdered ginger
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
4-1/2 c AP flour

1. Cream the butter, sugar, and syrup together.
2. Add the baking soda.
3. Sift the flower, ginger, and black pepper together.
4. Blend the dry ingredients into the creamed ingredients.
5. Make a 2"x2" log--about 6 inches long, wrap in waxed paper, put in the freezer overnight.
6. Preheat oven to 375 with the rack in the middle.
7. Cut doug into 1/8" slices (you can do short or long end--I cut it short end and get 16 pieces out of each slice [each square should be about the size of a dime]).
8. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet (I use parchment paper, but my grandma did not)
9. Bake 5-7 minutes (watch them--they can burn)

Note: You can add grated orange or lemon zest and ground caradmon--I always use unsalted butter. The cookies should be crisp--if they are puffed and soft, you are cutting the slices too thick. I store mine in a canning jar--we eat these by the handful. I am addicted to the dough--frozen.

Back
Top Bottom