Death By Chocolate! Name your Poison :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You slept in until almost 3 PM??? Oh, I can't wait to retire!:angel:

Ha! Yep, but I went to sleep at 6am this morning. I stayed up late last night because my left shoulder has been hurting like crazy and I couldn't get to sleep. Then when I *did* get to sleep, it woke me every time I rolled over on it. Arggh! What a night! :wacko:

Retired IS fun! I've looked forward to it for 45 years of working!

My favorite cookie is the "Keebler, Chips Deluxe Peanut Butter Cups". I *always* have a package of them in the kitchen! :pig:

Two of my favorites are a Ritter Sport rum raisin candy bar, and Perugenia (sp?) Baci and, if they still make them, their -- Oh, No! A brain f--t. Can't remember what they're called, but Italian twice baked cookies. Cannot get any of that within a 45 minute drive. I'm sure I could buy them on-line, but maybe it's better that they're a treat for when we travel. Actually a neighbor of mine owns a German import store and carries a lot of Ritter Sport candy bars, just not that one, but I'll bet I could get her to carry them if I promised to buy a certain amount.

I love brownies with lots of nuts, but too many bakeries around here put things like chocolate chips in them, or make "fudge" brownies that are closer to fudge than brownie or put chocolate icing on them. So, when the hot weather breaks I'll bake some and give to an older, shut-in friend with a huge sweet tooth. Before they changed ownership, the local grocery store made great German chocolate brownies.

Triple Chocolate Gooey Butter Cake...It's the most choclatey thing I have ever tasted. Every time I mention a dessert, that's the one everyone wants.

• Dark chocolate in the 65% to 75% cacao range (up here it's Ghiradelli or Lindt, I enjoy both)
  • Chocolate nibs
  • Just about any of the See's chocolates but especially their truffles
  • Cadbury. It's the only plain milk chocolate bar that I like. Any other brand needs to have something else with it (nuts, fruit, caramel, etc.)
  • Chocolate covered toffee and peanut brittle
  • Just about anything that puts chocolate and hazelnuts together
  • Dark chocolate with mint
  • Dark chocolate with orange
  • Dark chocolate with dried hot peppers (it really is good)
  • Chocolate mayo cake drizzled with chocolate syrup or caramel and sprinkled with chopped almonds or walnuts, or frosted with a light amount of strawberry butter cream or cinnamon and spice frosting
  • Hot chocolate with cayenne pepper, vanilla and cinnamon
  • Hershey's syrup over caramel cinnamon fried bananas
  • Godiva white chocolate raspberry truffle ice cream (which they discontinued a few years ago :cry::cry::cry:). It was sooooo good and I've never found another ice cream that comes even close to it. I've found other ice creams and frozen yogurts that claim to be white chocolate raspberry truffle but they are pale imitations of Godiva's.

Godiva Chocolates! They are so expensive in SA that I only get some once every 2 yrs or so and eat only one small chocolate when I want something special. A true treat!

The campus book store here sells Godiva chocolate bars for about twenty cents more than a regular chocolate bar. When I used to go over to the mall across the ditch in Canada (we don't have a mall in Sault Michigan) there were two places I always stopped. One was this fantastic Italian ice cream shoppe that had some less common flavors of ice cream and they were all really good. My favorite though was the the chocolate and hazelnut swirl ice cream, with the vanilla swirled with almond paste being a close second. Oh, and they had a lemon one too that was really good. And cherry and strawberry (standards I know). And raspberry walnut. Walnut paste ice cream. Hazelnut ice cream (and it wasn't just vanilla with hazelnuts in it, it was hazelnut ice cream). And toasted coconut caramel (again, not vanilla with caramel swirled in, but caramel ice cream with toasted coconut added). And a bunch of other flavors that I don't remember. They made the ice cream at the shoppe, it wasn't just shipped in. I don't know how they managed it but it tasted dense, rich and heavy but felt light, airy and silky smooth. It's probably a good thing that their largest size was two scoops otherwise I'd have seriously over indulged. The other place I always stopped was the Godiva chocolates shoppe. Truffles and creams, truffles and creams, truffles and creams. Yum. I could bring those home with me so the ice cream was eaten at the mall and the chocolates were saved for later. Mmmm, tasty memories.

The campus book store here sells Godiva chocolate bars for about twenty cents more than a regular chocolate bar. When I used to go over to the mall across the ditch in Canada (we don't have a mall in Sault Michigan) there were two places I always stopped. One was this fantastic Italian ice cream shoppe that had some less common flavors of ice cream and they were all really good. My favorite though was the the chocolate and hazelnut swirl ice cream, with the vanilla swirled with almond paste being a close second. Oh, and they had a lemon one too that was really good. And cherry and strawberry (standards I know). And raspberry walnut. Walnut paste ice cream. Hazelnut ice cream (and it wasn't just vanilla with hazelnuts in it, it was hazelnut ice cream). And toasted coconut caramel (again, not vanilla with caramel swirled in, but caramel ice cream with toasted coconut added). And a bunch of other flavors that I don't remember. They made the ice cream at the shoppe, it wasn't just shipped in. I don't know how they managed it but it tasted dense, rich and heavy but felt light, airy and silky smooth. It's probably a good thing that their largest size was two scoops otherwise I'd have seriously over indulged. The other place I always stopped was the Godiva chocolates shoppe. Truffles and creams, truffles and creams, truffles and creams. Yum. I could bring those home with me so the ice cream was eaten at the mall and the chocolates were saved for later. Mmmm, tasty memories.

Now I want a pistachio gelato...:pig:

for italin-ish ice cream, a defunct local restaurant used to sell tartufos that were the best i've ever had.
a tartufo is a ball of vanilla and chocolate ice cream around a center of slivered almonds and a maraschino cherry, all covered in a chocolate shell . theirs were double dipped in italian dark chocolate, and were fantastic!

i wish the greedy mayor in our town, who owned the building, didn't force them out of business by raising their rent unreasonably. i need to find where they moved the business.

They make Godiva chocolates not far from here, at the Campbell Soup plant. The employees there can buy bags of broken or "imperfect" Godiva chocolates for a couple dollars a bag!

To me, there isn't a boxed chocolate any better than See's milk chocolate assortments. Assorted Chocolates | See's Candies Thankfully they are way too expensive (especially here, since you can only get them online or at mall kiosks during the Christmas season), or I would weigh as much as the North American continent.

My favorite chocolate dessert is Chocolate Upside-Down Pudding Cake, with whipped cream.

When I'm in the mood for chocolate at the grocery store, I like to buy Hershey's Nuggets (especially the ones with butter brickle in them) when they are on sale.

To drink, I love rich, creamy hot chocolate with whipped cream on it, or with a candy cane dissolved in it. I also love Ibarra Mexican hot chocolate (it has cinnamon and finely ground almonds in it).

Godiva used to be my favorite, but a new large gourmet shop opened up in town, & they're distributors for Neuhaus handmade chocolates from Belgium. Talk about an eye-opener!!! The craftsmanship & variety (which changes constantly) is unbeatable. I never leave there without selecting a few (they're sold by weight & you get to pick out each individual piece).

Apart from fine gourmet chocolate candies, my favorite chocolate dessert is hands down Chocolate Mousse. When we dine out, regardless of how stuffed I might be, I find it nearly impossible to turn down Chocolate Mousse if it's on the menu.

My current favourite is a recent discovery in Australia, Lindt dark chocolate with a touch of sea salt. this is my latest favourite taste sensation; sweet with salty. Recently had a divine chocolate pannacotta with salted caramel sauce. Why don't I have that recipe? Anyone?

My current favourite is a recent discovery in Australia, Lindt dark chocolate with a touch of sea salt. this is my latest favourite taste sensation; sweet with salty. Recently had a divine chocolate pannacotta with salted caramel sauce. Why don't I have that recipe? Anyone?

You know, I never thought about it before reading this post. But the nearly carb free chocolate pudding recipe I posted a while back was a pannacota, made in a very non-traditional way by making a strong hot cocoa and disolving unflavored gelatin in it. When set, it has a very custard-like texture, but more creamy. Thanks for unknowingly setting me straight.:LOL:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

sarahdinbali said:

Were you visiting Australia?

You should try the Lindt Intense Orange if you like orange that is. It's fabulous!
I like the Lindt Intense with sea salt too :)
Love the smooth subtle sweet bitter dark chocolate Lindt makes!

You should try the Lindt Intense Orange if you like orange that is. It's fabulous!
I like the Lindt Intense with sea salt too :)
Love the smooth subtle sweet bitter dark chocolate Lindt makes!

With the exception of all things mint, I love everything Lindt makes.:D But then, I could say the same for Cadbury products.:D

With the exception of all things mint, I love everything Lindt makes.:D But then, I could say the same for Cadbury products.:D

I love Lindt chocolate too and just recently discovered that they started making Cadbury Caramello bears again after years of not being able to find them!!!!:)
Must admit I love mint chocolate too, especially After Eight Dinner Mints and Nestle Peppermint crisp!

Back
Top Bottom