Burger King meat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Burger King Meat.

I believe it starts with a cow and a bull.

For there chicken I believe it starts with a hen and a rooster.

As for Aunt Bea's meat it starts with a mare and a stallion.

Now what they do with it after that is any ones guess. ;)

Never eat fast food burgers -- where's the beef? What is "pink slime" that is supposedly added to the "beef"? Better to buy a piece of meat, grind and cook it yourself. Then you really know what's in the burger.

Never eat fast food burgers -- where's the beef? What is "pink slime" that is supposedly added to the "beef"? Better to buy a piece of meat, grind and cook it yourself. Then you really know what's in the burger.

Only if you know what antibiotics, steroids etc... were used in the raising and processing of said beef!:rolleyes: Just saying.

Absolutely correct, Craig. My local butcher sells only grass fed, no hormone or antibiotics, etc. Same with chicken and pork. Also, purely organic is available. I cannot bite into a fast food burger not knowing where the beef came from. A friend told me that many fast food restaurant chains buy their meat from Mexico and South America. No thanks, Burger King!

Absolutely correct, Craig. My local butcher sells only grass fed, no hormone or antibiotics, etc. Same with chicken and pork. Also, purely organic is available. I cannot bite into a fast food burger not knowing where the beef came from. A friend told me that many fast food restaurant chains buy their meat from Mexico and South America. No thanks, Burger King!
And, when you buy frozen fish on sale, it has often been frozen and thawed at least 4 times (according to a friend who is the manager of the seafood department at a local supermarket). No wonder it often tastes fishy!:rolleyes:

And, when you buy frozen fish on sale, it has often been frozen and thawed at least 4 times (according to a friend who is the manager of the seafood department at a local supermarket). No wonder it often tastes fishy!:rolleyes:

Just say NO to fish on sale!!

That doesn't sound like a reputable supermarket. In all my years in the business I've never seen seafood treated like that. Yeah some stuff comes in frozen but shouldn't be refrozen.

when i have time, i go to a "farmer's market". oddly, it's really a 2nds market. you know, the stuff not pretty enough for supermarkets, but what many lower to middle priced restaurants will buy, it's still very good quality, but caveat emptor. some things are, some not. you've gotta pick and choose but you get a great price. like 1/2 or more off what it is in supermarkets.

but in the back of about a dozen small markets down a street in a trucking/shipping area is a small fish monger.
he also supplies restaurants, but it's extremely high quality fish. it's probably only frozen once when they get it. it's the only place that i've ever seen that sells live softshell crabs for several months; well beyond our local season but still a product of the u.s..

getting back to bk, i worked in one in high school and well, you should never allow hockey players to handle frozen "pucks" of meat.

Back
Top Bottom