Steak - help please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debbie24

Senior Cook
I have about 1.5lbs of steak thawed for dinner. I dont know which cut it is because we usually buy at sams and portion it out before we put it in the freezer. The last time we bbq from this batch it was tough and it could have been slightly overcooked but i dont think it was that much over cooked for it to be so tough. So anyway my question is can i make this in the oven instead of on the bbq? Any suggestions? If i can make it in the oven, any tips, recipes or suggestions? TIA.

The meat is about 7'' or so round and about 1/2''-3/4'' thick. It has some fat thru the middle but not alot.

Uncle Bob i guess i forgot to mention that we are watching our weights. LOL. That sounds like a great meal but OMG i dont even want to think about the fat and cals in there. TY btw.

It sounds like round steak. Make Swiss steak out of it:

Cut into individual portions and put in baking dish. Add quartered potatoes, sliced carrots, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and a little flour. Toss. Dump a can or two of tomato sauce (the little cans) over the top, cover with foil, and bake in oven at 350 until all is tender.
A can of drained mushrooms, a few sliced onions, and chunked green pepper are all good additions.

First rule of cooking steak in the oven is broiler. It cooks much like BBQ as far as time goes and depending on how thick the steak is the time could even be shorter.

Steak first sprinkle with salt & pepper
then add Garlic (any type)
Next drizzle with any kind of vinegar except white and preferably something red.
If you need to use white add some apple juice
You can substitute Wine instead of vinegar.
Next slather meat with your favorite mustard
then drizzle with honey

Broil on an open pan 4-8 min( approx) each side
Works on every steak every time
You can cook right away or let the steaks marinate a little

You can broil it, or dry roast it.

I have successfully dry roasted steaks and they turn out great. Season well, start them out hot for few minutes, then back down to 275-300F. Watch them, being thin it won't take long to get them up to medium rare.

Back
Top Bottom