ISO Pork Rib Sauce Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookmex

Washing Up
I am having friends over for dinner tomorrow evening and I have a huge rack of pork back ribs that I want to serve. I normally make a bbq style sauce that is basicaly a tomato base, some brown sugar and ancho peppers for heat.

If anyone has any other ideas or recipes that would be good with pork back ribs done in the oven (my grill is out of order), I'd love to hear them. Also, if you have full meal plan ideas based around the ribs, that would be great too.

Dessert is already taken care of, DH is going to make his much requested caramel creme brulee. Everyone loves the drama of the blow torch when he makes the crust:rolleyes: . I guess we're all kids at heart.

Thanks!!

Linda

You will need another type of heat as Ancho Peppers are not hot. I use Chipotle peppers because I like the smoky heat they provide.

I have also used orange marmalade and Tabasco as a glaze for ribs. Zesting a couple to 3 oranges and putting that in your sauce will give it a nice orange flavor which is really good as well.

My brother cooks his ribs in foil with huge chunks of pineapple and bbq sauce. Tastes a bit like something you would expect to eat in Hawaii.

Hope your ribs are delicious! Tis the season.

Enjoy,
Bryan

Miss Linda...
What part of the world do you hail from? There are so many regional sauces to choose from. Maybe one that would fit your region would be nice. Then again you might wanna try something different. Knowing where you located would help me offer suggestions. Thanks!

While your dinner party has passed, I have a suggestion from Alton Brown's no bbq bbq ribs. Season or not and put the ribs in a large tinfoil wrap/using the side of the foil where there is an opening put in some liquid, like tea, beer, oj, soda (You are basically braising the ribs)close the foil/bake on 350 for 1 hr, then 250 for 2 hours until the meat is falling off the bone, then open the side of the foil, dump the liquid in a pot, and simmer until thick, adding seasoning as needed, and a bit of thickener if required. This makes a perfect sauce for the ribs...****, we don't even use a sauce if I season the ribs right. But the taste of plain pork melting in your mouth is awesome if done this way.
Give it a try one night.
B.

Back
Top Bottom