Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
297809_10151286616738465_765468793_n.jpg

[FONT=comic sans ms, sans-serif]I bought a brand new digital computer controlled intelligent washing machine,
loaded it all up, and pressed start. It said, "where`s the other sock?[/FONT]"

[FONT=comic sans ms, sans-serif]My doctor has given me some anti-gloating cream.
Now all I want to do is rub it in......[/FONT]

Here's what cats really want:
I think you're right. But if cats had hands they would be worse than raccoons as pets. I knew someone who had a pet raccoon and she said that raccoons do all the "naughty" things that cats only wish they could do, including raid the refrigerator.

I think you're right. But if cats had hands they would be worse than raccoons as pets. I knew someone who had a pet raccoon and she said that raccoons do all the "naughty" things that cats only wish they could do, including raid the refrigerator.
Raccoons are very destructive. They don't make good pets at all. They will, however, use a litterbox (although sometimes they use the water dish for that). And, they are very good at using those "hands." At the wildlife sanctuary, the coons are locked in their enclosures. Otherwise, they'd get out and into everything. I've known dogs that could open the fridge...a friend had a padlock on hers to keep her Newfoundland from eating the butter when she was at work.

When I lived in Tacoma, I worked for a short time at a golf course in the restaurant. There was a raccoon that was a big nuisance for the golfers. So one day it ended up dead. Unfortuantely someone found the babies. One of the golfers took one home and had it spayed, and all the other stuff you do to a family pet. They thought it was really cute for the first month or so. But that wore thin real quick. The vet advised against releasing it to the wild. It had no training that its mother would have provided. The animal had to be put down. :angel:

When I lived in Tacoma, I worked for a short time at a golf course in the restaurant. There was a raccoon that was a big nuisance for the golfers. So one day it ended up dead. Unfortuantely someone found the babies. One of the golfers took one home and had it spayed, and all the other stuff you do to a family pet. They thought it was really cute for the first month or so. But that wore thin real quick. The vet advised against releasing it to the wild. It had no training that its mother would have provided. The animal had to be put down. :angel:
I'm surprised a vet would spay it. The ones at the wildlife sanctuary are bottle fed for the first while and after that, not handled at all. They have to be a a certain size to be released, so often they are over-wintered because they are too small to be released.

I'm surprised a vet would spay it. The ones at the wildlife sanctuary are bottle fed for the first while and after that, not handled at all. They have to be a a certain size to be released, so often they are over-wintered because they are too small to be released.

It was going to be a pet. Not to be released back to the wild. But the owner found out real quick they don't make good pets. :angel:

Addie said:
It was going to be a pet. Not to be released back to the wild. But the owner found out real quick they don't make good pets. :angel:

One of my best friends growing up had a dad who was a hunter. Our teacher had just read Sterling North's book,"Rascal", about a boy and his pet raccoon, to our class. My friend's dad brought home a whole bunch of the babies. We bottle fed them, cuddled them, and in return they bit and scratched the heck out of us. Nasty beasties. No way would I make them pets!

Back
Top Bottom