Shrimp Bisque Recipe Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
I think I'm going to make this today. See link below. I was wondering if I could make it ahead of time...say noon time. Than refrigerate it and than serve it for dinner at....say 6pm? I guess I'm worried about the shrimp, because it's already going to be cooked and reheating shrimp is a tough one since you don't want the shrimp to be overcooked.

Shrimp Bisque II - Allrecipes

You are correct to be concerned about the shrimp.

I would prepare the recipe the day before up to the point where you cook the shrimp and add it in. Then, just before serving, heat the soup, cook the cut up shrimp and add it to the hot soup.

As a mater of fact, if you saute the shrimp before adding it to the soup. Cooking it for 5 minutes in the soup is too much for the shrimp. Do one or the other.

Last edited:
Andy M. said:
You are correct to be concerned about the shrimp.

I would prepare the recipe the day before up to the point where you cook the shrimp and add it in. Then, just before serving, heat the soup, cook the cut up shrimp and add it to the hot soup.

I was sort of thinking along those lines. Thanks!!

Miss legend....

I hope you adjust this to the servings you need. Do everything up to adding cream/milk etc and shrimp. Do this right before you plan to serve.
Also cooking shrimp shells with the other ingredients and straining. I wouldn't do that either. The recipe calls for seafood stock. Make the shrimp shells a part of that process.

Enjoy!

IMO, it should be fine reheated - just don't let the bisque boil.

Uncle Bob said:
Also cooking shrimp shells with the other ingredients and straining. I wouldn't do that either. The recipe calls for seafood stock. Make the shrimp shells a part of that process.
Enjoy!

Hello. From reading the reviews, they claim it's important to use the shrimp shells. I have it cooking right now. I will than put it in the refrigerator and later add the cream and shrimp. I can't wait to try it. Yummy

Yummy

I brought the servings down to 5, which really ended up being 2 servings shimrp wise "lol".

It was so so so so good!!!!!. Served over white rice and steamed brocolli.
The sauce came out on the thicker side, which was perfect for the meal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom