REC: Fiesta Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Prep: 20 minutes
Total: 50 minutes

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1-16 oz. jar of thick and chunky salsa
1- 14 1/2oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
1- 10 oz pkg. frozen corn, thawed
12-6 inch flour tortillas
1 1/2 cup Shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In large skillet,brown ground beef with peppers, stirring frequently; drain; add salsa, tomatoes and corn; bring to a boil.
Using a 9x13 inch baking pan, spoon about 1 cup beef mixture in bottom, top with 6 tortillas, overlapping as necessary. Spoon half of the remaing beef mixture over tortillas; top with 3/4 cup of cheese. Repeat with 6 tortillas and beef mixure, cover with foil.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Remove from oven and remove foil. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Let stand 5 minutes.

Tried to karma you for this one. Sounds great.
And I have everything but the green peppers.
If we don't have a ton of left overs from tonight I
might make this tomorrow. Thanks!

I wish I could make this recipe. It looks like a grat one. Unfortunately, I seem to be the only one in my household that can handle bell peppers. And I love 'em.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed, my hubby can't stand bells and I usually make a dish withour the bells and spoon as much that I think that he will eat at one end and then add the bells and add that to the other side of the pan and use toothpicks to separate it.

TEX-MEX LASAGNA!!:LOL: Very different and interesting idea... another flavour of southwest to introduce to my Italian friends!! Thanx!!

Paul doesn't like green peppers either.
I was just going to leave the green ones out and use more red.

Back
Top Bottom