Hello from Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JPinFla

Assistant Cook
Found this forum while trying to perfect (is that possible???) my bread making.

I'm a hoppiest at cooking, I love it and so do my guest. I make a lot of thing great the first time, just throwing things together, but have a hard time with a repeat. My wife hates that.

I got into bread making a little over a yeaar ago. I started with trying to make Cuban bread and have basically fallen into a Cuban type standard bread (heavy on the yeast and lard).

I hope to get some great ideas (and share some of my thought/techniques that have worked for me in the past.

My favorites are: pickled green tomatoes and cauliflower (which I do sell from time to time) and slow cooked pork (Cuban style). And, slow cooking or smoking most meats on my grill. I get a lot of ad-a-boy for my bread but I'm not quite there yet with what I'm looking for. Hopefully I'll get some great ideas here and be able to get the bread I'm looking for while sharing some of my "secrets".

JP

Welcome, also, from Southwest FL. Sounds like you might be from Southeast FL. I hope you'll share how you make your Cuban bread.

Thank Everyone. I live in Safety Harbor, west of Tampa.

And sure, I'll post my reciepe for my Cuban bread over in the bread thread.

JP

Thanks, JP. Maybe your recipe will serve to get me off the couch and into the kitchen this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom