Hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike.boster@hotmail.com

Assistant Cook
Hey Girls and guys,
I'm a newbie. 58 year old ex-Green Beret with one leg left in Vietnam. How do you use a Crock Pot ? Do you put water in the bottom thing first and then what you want to eat in the next thing with water ? Put the lid on it and set the timer for 10 days or what ? I really don't know too much about this being a single parent thing. I'll cook you up a Monkey Brain Stew with fresh maggots and leeches in a pair of seconds if you want to go back to the Jungle with me. How do I start this **** Crock Pot without burning the house down ? Got to put Water someplace, before the fire starts
Iron Mike

Welcome to the site Mike.

No need to put water in the crockpot. Well I guess it depends on what you are cooking. When cooking in a crockpot you always end up with more liquid then you started. The liquid from whatever you put in there will come out over time as the food cooks.

You basically just throw everything in and turn it on. Of course this all depends on what you are cooking, but if we are just speaking in generalities you would either use the low setting and let it cook for about 8-10 hours or you could use the high setting and let it cook for 3-4 hours.

Welcome to to DC Mike. There are alot of crock pot recipes here on DC, just do a search. I season a roast that will fit in crock pot. Any seasoning you like to use. Put in crock pot add a sm amount of water and cover and turn on high, will get done quicker or low for for longer cooking time. I usually cook on high. Also can add potatos, onions, carrots. I slice onions and set on top of roast and add salt and pepper. You might want to try and google crock pot recipes.

Back
Top Bottom