"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 07-28-2008, 12:08 PM   #1
Certified Pretend Chef

Coffee Pot

I woke up thiis morning at 6:00 to no coffee! The coffee pot I filled and programmed last night had died in mid-process, leaving me a tablespoon of coffee in the carafe!

Around 9:00 I ran out to BB&B (20% off coupon in my pocket) and bought the Cuisinart DCC2000. It doesn't have a separate carafe. It dispenses coffee one cup at a time.

I brewed a small quantity according to instrucitons. It was nice and hot but too weak for my tastes. Gonna have to use more coffee per cup!

No, it doesn't come with those two red cups.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:14 PM   #2
Sous Chef

That's the one we use at work, but would never work for us at home. We literally have one cup at a time. So we use the Tassimo and LOVE it!! When BF and I moved in together a few years back, we each had one so we put one on each floor. All-in-all, our families together have 8 Tassimos that I know of because once you use one you buy one!

The Cuisinart you got is very nice. Our work one finally up and quit but we liked it enough that we replaced it with the same model. I've actually recommended it to several people myself. Good choice!

Old 07-28-2008, 12:27 PM   #3
Sous Chef

We used to have something similar to that, but it developed a problem at the dispenser's gasket and it leaked. Hope yours doesn't do the same. We ended up getting rid of it and replaced it with a coffee maker that brews directly into a thermal carafe.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:45 PM   #4
Executive Chef

We just swapped out our coffee maker with a cappuccino maker.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:09 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
We had a Cuisinart Grind n Brew that was such a piece of junk it drove us back to making it ourselves w/ the Melita drip cone. I don't think I'll ever stray again.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:46 PM   #6
Sous Chef

wHEN MY LAsT ONE DIED I DIDN'T replace it. i need "just the right thing".
Old 07-28-2008, 01:59 PM   #7
Head Chef

We just have a plain old Mr. coffee drip machine and it works just fine.
My GF and I go through a whole pot every morning. The only complaint that I have about the machine is that the coffee isn't hot enough for me. I always nuke my cup for 30 seconds or so.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:03 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
We had a Cuisinart Grind n Brew that was such a piece of junk it drove us back to making it ourselves w/ the Melita drip cone. I don't think I'll ever stray again.
Yup, don't you just love it when it brews the coffee all over the counter...a real nice wake up at 6am! Went back to my family's tradition and got a Chemex filter pot. No it's not automatic which is why it brews perfect coffee in the pot every time.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:44 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
We just have a plain old Mr. coffee drip machine and it works just fine.
My GF and I go through a whole pot every morning. The only complaint that I have about the machine is that the coffee isn't hot enough for me. I always nuke my cup for 30 seconds or so.
I used an Old As Dirt coffee maker for the longest time. Only had one button: on/off. Made the perfect coffee, but wasn't the most modern looking piece of kitchen equipment. Everytime the subject of coffee came up in a conversation, all I did was brag about this thing. The DW hated it though. Guess what I....."We" finally got for Christmas one year...some modern Cuisinart thingy with all these buttons and junk. I was truly upset.

I took Ye Old Faithful to work where it still performs up to it's duty to this day.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:53 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

My favorite coffee is Campfire brew.. next... stove top percolator, then a Mr. Coffee...CU currently likes two Black & Decker models...No not Cordless drills...Coffee makers!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote