The Best Way to Clean a Kitchen Boiler?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How do you call it in the states then this?

OE7702%20+%20OA7923%20+%202%20x%20OA7924.jpg

That looks like a commercial piece of equipment - I'm just a home cook
and use an 8 qt. pot to cook pasta. If it's made of stainless steel
you could just use hot soapy water to clean it - if any pasta stuck to
you could use one of those green scrubbing pads or even Brillo
to get it off.

It took a couple of minutes to track this down from the site listed in the photo properties .... and then a Google to find the company's website.

What Gordy (pimpthatfood) has posted is a piece of commercial kitchen equipment made in the UK - a Lincat Ltd. OE7702 - Opus 700 series Electric Double Tank Past Boiler, which can also be used as a steamer or bain marie. At a list price of £2,380.00 it's nice it can be used for more than one thing!

Now, as for your questions about cleaning it, Gordy - this is obviously an alien appliance for most of us. You might want to go to the Lincat Website ... click on the Contact Us button ... enter the information they want ... then in the section "Details of catering equipment which you intend to purchase in the next 12 months" enter that you need a manual for your pasta cooker or information on how to clean it. That should get you an informed answer.

That's the best answer I can give you ... hope it helps!

The thing about the Pasta Boiler; picture as shown in my previous post, is that after time and time of usage the baskets and the heating element forms scaling. (Just like your home electric kettle). Normally to clean it is to add vinegar with warm water and leave it for some hours then with a scotch brite it will ease up your cleaning job.

But I am looking for a good/alternative method to clean this Pasta Boiler.

Any help?

The thing about the Pasta Boiler; picture as shown in my previous post, is that after time and time of usage the baskets and the heating element forms scaling. (Just like your home electric kettle). Normally to clean it is to add vinegar with warm water and leave it for some hours then with a scotch brite it will ease up your cleaning job.

But I am looking for a good/alternative method to clean this Pasta Boiler.

Any help?

You could try Naval Jelly or Limeaway - but then you are left with the
problem of getting those toxic chemicals out of the boiler.
Whats wrong with the vinegar method?

No, the vinegar method is good... but I was looking for another interesting method.

Here are some home and industrial options: Google "water scale remover" results

Just a couple of problems I can see:

1) They may not be available in Malta
2) They are going to cost more than vinegar
3) They may not be approved for food handling equipment

Don't know what your "scale removal routine" schedule is - but the more frequent the easier it will be.

You might also put a water softener on your water supply.

Yeah, mike - I was thinking about a demineralizer ... but if they salt the water then you're back to a problem with mineral scale that needs to be cleaned off periodically, but it would eliminate the calcium and lime.

Back
Top Bottom