Help with coffee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It can't hurt. You have to soak and rinse it then put it into the holder and snap it in place. Not sure if it's necessary. Depends on your water.

The Keurig website wants $25 for 6.

That's about the same price as Brita filters sat Costco. I wonder if they filter the same amount of water.

I use the Instapure faucet mount filter system. 4 filters are about $16 and get me about a year of filtered water. This is so much cheaper than the Pur that we had previously. The Instapure filters 100 more gallons per filter than the Pur and costs $4 per filter instead of an average of $15 for the Pur. I got this system at Lowe's home improvement and I think Amazon has them as well.

The water tastes good enough that I don't use the filters that came with my Tassimo.

Green Mountain costs $20 to ship to Canada or you can order through the sites they sponsor. I just use the Keurig site or Tweed & Hickory as they are cheaper for me.

Yesterday I had a Caribou coffee which was pretty good and today I had the Tully's House Blend - also pretty good. Tully's French Roast is still tops on my list.

Do you have any Van Houtte to try? Folgers Black Silk is a fan favorite here too.

Neither. I'm jut going through the 60 we got for free and my own stuff to form opinions.

We got:

12 Nantucket
12 Tullys FR
12 Newman's Special Blend
12 Tullys House Blend
12 Variety Pack.

The variety pack has some a decaf, two flavored coffees, a herbal tea and several coffees, regular and extra bold. Oh, wait, the French Vanilla is Van Houtte.

I liked the Nantucket. Haven't bought those though. Van Houtte has a couple of flavors we like but the French Vanilla isn't one of them. :LOL: The butterscotch is very nice and my daughter quite likes that one. The raspberry chocolate truffle is a favorite at work.

I liked the Nantucket. Haven't bought those though. Van Houtte has a couple of flavors we like but the French Vanilla isn't one of them. :LOL: The butterscotch is very nice and my daughter quite likes that one. The raspberry chocolate truffle is a favorite at work.

I'm not a fan of flavored coffees. We also have a hazelnut. We're having family visit in a few weeks, I'll save those for them.

We're with you Andy, flavored coffees are good for other folk. Himself likes Nantucket best. I like trying all the different varieties from various growing regions. For me it's a toss-up as to whether I prefer Guatamalan Finca dos Marias or Mocha Java, but I think the latter has an edge.

Shrek likes the Nantucket, I just replaced the Tully's Breakfast Blend with it on my next order.

We're with you Andy, flavored coffees are good for other folk. Himself likes Nantucket best. I like trying all the different varieties from various growing regions. For me it's a toss-up as to whether I prefer Guatamalan Finca dos Marias or Mocha Java, but I think the latter has an edge.

I only drink coffee (two cups) in the morning. One to wake up and a second with food (breakfast). If I was one who drank coffee all day and had a cup in the evening, a flavored coffee may be good. But I don't, so it isn't...

I only drink coffee (two cups) in the morning. One to wake up and a second with food (breakfast). If I was one who drank coffee all day and had a cup in the evening, a flavored coffee may be good. But I don't, so it isn't...

We're not flavored coffee fans either.

We tried the free Newman's Own med roast (made 2 cups from 1 pod) and we didn't care for it. Too harsh. All the other pods we've had have been really good.

We're not flavored coffee fans either.

We tried the free Newman's Own med roast (made 2 cups from 1 pod) and we didn't care for it. Too harsh. All the other pods we've had have been really good.

Turns out my sister got a Keurig for Mother's Day and is experimenting. I offered her the Newmans for a test. I had it for a second time today and still don't like it so I'm willing to give it away. She mentioned a Gloria Jean coffee she really likes but I don't know which one.

I like regular coffee with a flavored creamer, usually vanilla with my favorite being Natural Bliss.

It's not that I want to cover up the coffee flavor, it's just that I think that vanilla goes well with coffee and helps smooth out the flavor a bit, without taking over the flavor of the coffee. Flavored coffee always tastes very artificial to me. I like the option of having plain coffee and adding flavor if I wish.

I like regular coffee with a flavored creamer, usually vanilla with my favorite being Natural Bliss.

It's not that I want to cover up the coffee flavor, it's just that I think that vanilla goes well with coffee and helps smooth out the flavor a bit, without taking over the flavor of the coffee. Flavored coffee always tastes very artificial to me. I like the option of having plain coffee and adding flavor if I wish.

Sounds like a smart way to go. I just don't drink flavored coffee because I'm an old stick-in-the-mud who doesn't like change.

I still prefer the Donut Shop coffee in the K-cups. I didn't care for Newman's and Nantucket was too weak.
Flavored coffees? That's what hot chocolate is for ;)
I still need to get around to ordering a sample pack of the Kinns... (whatever) coffee pods.

Turns out my sister got a Keurig for Mother's Day and is experimenting. I offered her the Newmans for a test. I had it for a second time today and still don't like it so I'm willing to give it away. She mentioned a Gloria Jean coffee she really likes but I don't know which one.

We got 2 free boxes of Tully's and one of Nantucket, both very good. Will probably gift someone with the box of Newman's Own, unless it improves with copious amounts of cream and Kahlua. We got 1 pod of Gloria Jean's in the mixed sample box, but it's hazelnut, so haven't tried it yet.

I still prefer the Donut Shop coffee in the K-cups. I didn't care for Newman's and Nantucket was too weak.
Flavored coffees? That's what hot chocolate is for ;)
I still need to get around to ordering a sample pack of the Kinns... (whatever) coffee pods.

I liked the donut shop we got in the variety pack.

I REALLY like Gloria Jean's coffee. Hazelnut is a flavor I DON'T like though. The butter toffee is like dessert and coffee all in one cup with no calories! Hee hee hee.

Its interesting to see that everyone seems to agree about lots of the coffee types.

Andy, the Van Houtte also has a Belgian Chocolate flavor that is more dessert in a cup.

pacanis, when you do get around to ordering the Kienna pods will you let us know what you liked?

Back
Top Bottom