Oh no!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

htc

Head Chef
I'm trying not to panic...:ohmy: DH washed my nonstick William-Sonoma cookie sheet last night and some of the nonstick coating was rubbed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARRRRRGGGGHHJHHH That's my favorite cookie sheet and my best one!!! I have to breathe and then tell him he was great for washing it but will see if he even notices it... I'm sure I'm just making a big deal and should be happy I have a hubby who does dishes...but STILL!!! I bake A LOT!!!

htc - I feel your pain. My husband did MY laundry and in one fell swoop totally ruined about $2,000.00 worth of clothes. I don't have clothes like that anymore - but I sure did used to. If something wasn't tinged pink then he shrunk the daylights out of it in the dryer - I just said Oh well........... :rolleyes:

Eeeeeek, htc. I feel your pain!

Had a brand new set of cookware & asked one of the ex bfs, please use teflon utensils or wooden spoons when cooking with them. (Didn't want to scratch the surface.) Walked into kitchen...there he was stirring away with metal utensils. Oh, the Horror :ohmy:

Re my Williams-Sonoma copper cookware - that was off-limits to anyone. Am I selfish or over-protective of my cookware, or what :LOL:

Another ex bf fryed chicken with my evoo. :ermm: Bit my tongue & walked away. What can you do. :neutral:

Last edited:
I have a non stick wok that I love. Just for the record, I do not use it as a real wok, just as a large wide pan. Well I have been very strict with my wife in the kitchen with all my rules. No metal on the non sticks, no wood soaking in water, no knives in the dishwasher, etc. Well she tries hard to follow the rules, but does not always remember. She ended up putting a pretty deep scratch in the wok :ohmy: . Because I love her and know she did not mean to do it and I am 100000% sure she felt horrible about it all I could do was smile and tell her not to worry about it and that it is not a problem at all. Thankfully the scratch has not gotten any worse at all and has not affected the performance of the non stick coating one bit. I was pleasantly surprised at that.

I feel your pain HTC! Just remember (as you already have) that it was ruined with the best intentions in mind :)

GB, speaking of woks...I make mistakes too. Years ago bought a metal wok & soaked it in warm soapy water (to clean). You guessed it - one rusted ugly wok. Guess sometimes we have to wok away - GROAN.:)

lol, elfie, sorry, i'm not laughing at you, but your husband's ingenuity. that's exactly how i got out of doing laundry years ago...:) i wasn't that cruel tho. (boy, he must HATE laundry). it was only some of dw's workout clothes and an old blouse or 2.

and gb, just remember, there's always 100001 %. save that little nugget for when she's mad at you for something...

i had mashed potatoes once, prepared by an ex-gf in my apt., that appeared to have a lot of black pepper in them. it wasn't pepper, but rather non-stick lining. she used a metal bladed hand blender to whip the potatoes in the non-stick pot...

kitchenelf said:
htc - I feel your pain. My husband did MY laundry and in one fell swoop totally ruined about $2,000.00 worth of clothes. I don't have clothes like that anymore - but I sure did used to. If something wasn't tinged pink then he shrunk the daylights out of it in the dryer - I just said Oh well........... :rolleyes:

Kitchenelf, if we were vendictive people, which we are not, we would do a load of laundry with the reds mixed in with the whites...then our significant others would have PINK bvds. But, we would never do that.

buckytom said:
i had mashed potatoes once, prepared by an ex-gf in my apt., that appeared to have a lot of black pepper in them. it wasn't pepper, but rather non-stick lining. she used a metal bladed hand blender to whip the potatoes in the non-stick pot...

Oh, YUM, BT. ROUGHAGE. :LOL:

kitchenelf said:
lol, my Mom shrunk about $1,000 worth of my GAP sweaters in one fell swoop. of course i wasn't laughing out loud THEN. i was so upset, but even Mom can make mistakes. hey, she TRIED to wash them properly, lol. i swore a LOT when i found my extra-smalls about the size of my pet hamster.

buckytom said:
No wonder she is an EX :blink:

htc said:
I'm trying not to panic...:ohmy: DH washed my nonstick William-Sonoma cookie sheet last night and some of the nonstick coating was rubbed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARRRRRGGGGHHJHHH That's my favorite cookie sheet and my best one!!! I have to breathe and then tell him he was great for washing it but will see if he even notices it... I'm sure I'm just making a big deal and should be happy I have a hubby who does dishes...but STILL!!! I bake A LOT!!!

May I suggest you use half size commercial jelly roll pans, like they use in bakeries?

They are heavy aluminum, and stand up to a lot of torture! I bought 12 of them at a used restaurant supply store for $1 each -- years ago. They are indestructible and wonderful pans.

img_117480_0_1dfccee29b7f3646dac3eeb2ba92321b.jpg

choclatechef said:
May I suggest you use half size commercial jelly roll pans, like they use in bakeries?

They are heavy aluminum, and stand up to a lot of torture! I bought 12 of them at a used restaurant supply store for $1 each -- years ago. They are indestructible and wonderful pans.

img_117482_0_1dfccee29b7f3646dac3eeb2ba92321b.jpg

WOW, THANKS chocolatechef. I've rusted out cookie sheets (soaking them in warm soapy water), & didn't know what a good replacement would be. Where can I purchase these? Are they okay to bake cookies & pizza on?

Sure Mish, you can bake anything you want on them.

Just make sure you get the heaviest ones you can find. They only cost a little more than the lighter ones.

I would look in my yellow pages for your nearest new/used restaurant supply store and go there. I would ask to see their new and used pans.

If the used pans are heavier, I would buy them and scrub them up at home. I had to use oven cleaner on some of my pans, but they came out great and a lot cheaper and better than the new lighter pans!

The ones in the regular stores may say they are commercial, but they are lightweight copies. Don't go there.

Thank you, Chocolatechef! Learn something new here all the time. Dare I look on ebay :ermm: (We've both had some memorable experiences :rolleyes: ) I'll check around. Getting tired of those disposable super market dinky trays. They look so sad.

I did a search on Ebay to get a photo for you. Right now, it does not look like they have the good heavy ones listed.

Besides the shipping on such heavy pieces will offset your savings. I would check the new/used restaurant supply store for these.

They usually have bunches of the good used ones that only need a good scrubbing, and they sell them cheap because of it.

Thanks Chocolatechef. Didn't know you could use oven cleaner & wondered if it was safe edible-wise? Appreciate your input and help.

You are welcome Mish!

I bought a bunch of these for my church's kitchen, and some for myself. Three of my aunts even "stole" some from me. They thought they were taking all I had, but I had six more hidden, so I let them get away with it! We joke about it all the time.

I have never paid more than $1 or 2 each.

Let me know if you find some you like!

I'd take it back. That probably shouldn't happen unless he took to it with steel wool or something.

WS is usually very good about returns/replacements

Back
Top Bottom