Tornado Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
We've had hellacious storms the last two nights, including tornadoes in the area that have killed several people. Fortunately, they missed us, but we got close to 13 inches of rain over the weekend. We live on high ground, so we don't have a problem with flooding, but the creeks are rising.
My husband works for a coal company. All the mines are closed, but they still have to be maintained, and when it rains like this, he's busy pumping water from one place to another to keep the EPA happy. That means night shift. :(

Man, what's with the nasty weather recently in the midwest? We got trounced with a ton of snow last night, and from us south the storms were raging as well. I hadn't heard of tornados in IL, but I had heard of further south.

Glad to hear everyone is safe. I guess I'd rather be removing snow then having to clean up damage from a storm. Neither is fun, but the latter would be harder, I think.

It seems that the Tornados and severe weather is moving more north and east these past few years. Ours last year was very mild. Not that I'm complaining. I hope everyone in all the states that are getting hit, stay safe!!

Constance said:
We've had hellacious storms the last two nights, including tornadoes in the area that have killed several people. Fortunately, they missed us, but we got close to 13 inches of rain over the weekend. We live on high ground, so we don't have a problem with flooding, but the creeks are rising.
My husband works for a coal company. All the mines are closed, but they still have to be maintained, and when it rains like this, he's busy pumping water from one place to another to keep the EPA happy. That means night shift. :(

I'm sorry your having such a hard time with the weather there. Tornadoes must be very scarry, even just a funnel cloud would scare me. You had alot of rain in one weekend but thankfully your in high ground! Our winter has been really mild, which for Maine is unusual. No snow at the moment, and just warm temps and rain. I can't complain. Stay safe:)

Back
Top Bottom