TNT Banana Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
I made this last week & it was really good. It was like a very moist banana bread with icing.

2 eggs, at room temp.
2 1/4C all purpose flour
1 1/2C sugar
1 1/2tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
1/2tsp salt
1C mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
3/4C buttermilk
1/2C shortening
1tsp vanilla

Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, & salt in a large mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients, except eggs, & beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Add eggs & beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter in to lightly greased & floured 13x9 cake pan or two 8x9 round cake pans. Bake at 350F 30 minuted for 9x13 pan or 25-30 min for 8x9 pans. Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes & remove from pans to cool completely on racks if using 8x9 pans. Cool completly in pan on wire rack if using 9x13 pan. Frost with cream cheese frosting or top with whipped cream.

Cream Cheese Frosting
1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1/2C butter or margarine, softened
2tsp vanilla
5 3/4 to 6 1/4C sifted powdered sugar

Beat first 3 ingredients with electric mixer until light & fluffy. Gradually add 2C of the powdered sugar, beat well. Gradually beat in additional powdered sugar to reach spreading consistency. Cover & store frosted cake in fridge.

Hi! Nice to see ya again!!!

This sounds great for a party that we are going to this weekend.
Paul and I are in charge of lunch one day.

That sounds great. My mom used to make a banana cake similar to that one, but she made a peanut butter frosting to put on the cake. Good as well. I like the cream cheese frosting myself, though.

Hi, Crewsk! Ditto the it's good to see you back! Looove banana anything - this sounds great - hint - try it with chocolate cream cheese frosting next time!

Good to see you back, even for a minute. We really miss you. Hope your family is doing well.

Thanks y'all! It's good to be back! I can't wait to try this with peanut butter icing & the chocolate cream cheese. Both sound wonderful!

txoldshirley said:
That sounds great. My mom used to make a banana cake similar to that one, but she made a peanut butter frosting to put on the cake.

Oh my that sounds heavenly!!

Banana Cake

Have printed out the recipe and can't wait to try it. Sounds like it would be a nice moist cake. Thanks, JoAnn

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom