Stuffing rolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ishbel

Executive Chef
I went to dinner at a friend's house a few weeks ago, and she served these stuffing rolls with roast chicken. She promised me the recipe and gave it to me today. She got the recipe from another friend and is not sure where it originated... but it's too good not to share! I'm going to do these as a side for Christmas lunch with roast goose.

50g butter
Leaves from 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, chopped finely (plus a few extra small sprigs)
175g fresh breadcrumbs (she used wholemeal)
1 leek, trimmed and sliced thinly
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 celery stick, finely chopped
75g freshly grated (finely) parmesan
finely grated zest of one lemon
3 tablespoons chopped fresh flatleaf parsley (leaves only)
1 egg, lightly beaten
16-18 thin slices of smoked pancetta

Melt the butter gently and add onion and celery. Fry stirring occasionally until soft but not coloured. Add the sliced leek and rosemary and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a clean large bowl and allow to cool.

Stir in breadcrumbs, Parmesan, lemon zest and chopped parsley. Add the beaten egg and some freshly ground black pepper.

Divide the stuffig mix into 15 pieces and shape into short fat sausage shapes. Wrap 1 piece of pancetta around the middle pushing a small sprig of rosemary under the pancetta. Put the stuffing rolls seam side down into a lightly oiled shallow oven dish. (You can cover and chill overnight)

Preheat oven to gas mark 6/200C. Roast the stuffing 'balls' until crisp and golden (about 15-20 minutes). Serve as soon as possible with rest of the chicken/turkey or goose!

YUM! They sound really lovely. I may try this the next time I roast a chicken. Thanks Ishbel.

Ishbel,
such a nice recipe. It makes me want to go roast a chicken and make some to go with it. Thank you and your friend. This will be a nice addition to a sunday family dinner.

kadesma:)

As I've said, I haven't actually made them myself, but ate them at Fiona's house and they were delicious!

Back
Top Bottom