Quick easy Cheese and crackers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
My youngest made this for today and I love it.. She softened 8oz. of cream cheese, added 6 cloves roasted mashed garlic,some finely chopped thyme,marjoram and a little basil, the made a ball of the cheese and rolled it in freshly chopped parsley and cracked black pepper..serving it with sesame crackers..Yummy

kadesma:)

I need to move to Ca. So that I can try all of these good treats your family comes up with.

Sounds so good. I am going to copy them too for the bridal shower I am hosting. Thanks. ;)

That sounds really good and easy. Thanks. Sounds like you have a cooking family.

I can't stand cream cheese, but if anything would ever get me to change my mind it would be this recipe. This sounds fantastic!

I don't licia. The last time I had cheesecake was when we invited a friend over for dinner. She graciously brought us a cheesecake she had made for dessert. She thought she was doing me a favor when she gave me a piece that was enough for 3 people. I forced it down my throat trying to keep from giving away from my facial expressions how difficult of a time I was having choking it down. My wife, on the other hand, loved every bite.

i tried your recipe kads. great dip. jake put his on a bagel & we dipped pretzels.

I can't stand cream cheese, but if anything would ever get me to change my mind it would be this recipe. This sounds fantastic!
Thanks Geebs:)
there are some nice soft cheeses out there that mash easily we could try making the recipe with one of those.. Have you tried mascarpone? I love it and find it is wonderful for this recipe..I like the creamy sweetness of it compared to cream cheese..Brie might work as well
kades

Thanks Geebs:)
there are some nice soft cheeses out there that mash easily we could try making the recipe with one of those.. Have you tried mascarpone? I love it and find it is wonderful for this recipe..I like the creamy sweetness of it compared to cream cheese..Brie might work as well
kades
Soft white cheeses are not my bag. I can eat mascaopone if I need to, much easier than cream cheese. I just recently have started to be able to eat Brie. The funny thing is that I am a cheese not that you would know it from my posts in this thread.

I think I need to have a gathering just for an excuse to make this..... then DH and I won't eat the whole thing alone!
Thanks!

My youngest made this for today and I love it.. She softened 8oz. of cream cheese, added 6 cloves roasted mashed garlic,some finely chopped thyme,marjoram and a little basil, the made a ball of the cheese and rolled it in freshly chopped parsley and cracked black pepper..serving it with sesame crackers..Yummy

kadesma:)

I make a cheese ball too - 2 packages cream cheese, 1 bottle Kraft Roka Blue, 1 bottle Kraft Old English, one Tablespoon worchestshire sauce.

bring cream cheese to room temp mix with cheddar & roka blue & worchestshire sauce. form into one or two balls in saran wrap and put in fridge.

to serve - bring to room temp. roll in chopped parsley & nuts. Serve with crackers/cocktail rye/celery sticks.

Delicious. A tradition in our family for 35 years - i think

Back
Top Bottom