Red-Hot Cinnamon Candy flavored Jello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Ok. After you read this you are either gonna say; "That man is insane, and definitely weird!", or you're gonna say; "Genius, pure genius!" I'll probably get a lot more of the former than the latter.

Everybody loves cinnamon red hots and Dentyne Chewing gum. This jello tastes like that.

Ingredients:
1 package red raspberry flavor Jello brand gelatin
1/2 cup apple sauce, unsweetened
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 dashes ground cayenne pepper

Bring 1 cup water to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in jello until completely dissolved (about 2 minutes. Combine the applesauce and cinnamon with 1 cup ice water and add to the jello. Stir until well mixed. Add a couple dashes of Cayenne pepper. Stir in and refrigerate.

How does he come up with such things, you ask. Well, I was looking in the fridge and spied an almost finished jar of apple sauce. I wondered what to do with it. Then I pictured a bottle of apple.raspberry juice in my mind's eye. I thought, mix it with raspberry jello. And so I did. I tasted it and it was pretty good, but needed to be better. So I then though of a bumbleberry pie and added cinnamon. I tasted it again and it tasted almost like cinnamon red hots, but without the heat. So I added two scant dashes of cayenne pepper. I tasted it and said to myself, self, you are one crazy guy. but this is gonna be great when it's set.

And now you know how the mind of a crazy man works.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

This is a glorious idea! I'm not a jello fan but.... I can see some good ways to use this.

Adding green grapes would make it texturally stunning.

Chunked up with some whipped cream in a parfait glass and a couple of molasses crisps stuck in the top would be cool.

Heck you could even alter the recipe and add vodka... sort of a cinnamon swizzled shooter :)

Last edited:
Wow! That post was made in 2007; and you found it. I hope you enjoy it. I know that I have a DIL that does. I haven't tried it on my grandkids yet.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

This brings back memories of a nearly forgotten "Christmas Salad" my mom would make when I was growing up. She did it the easy way by melting Red Hot candies in with the jello. She'd pour the Red Hot jello into a 9x13 pan and float 6 pear halves, cut side up. Then she stuffed the pears with a little ball of cream cheese mixed with chopped pecans, and topped with a green maraschino cherry. Each cut square she served on a cupped lettuce leaf.
It was very pretty, and very very tasty.

Back
Top Bottom