How to Bake with Baking Tubes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are metal baking tubes worth using?

My aunt gave me a box of metal baking tubes. It's called Fun-Shaped Baking Tubes. There are no instructions with them. She didn't think there ever was and they've never been used. I've seen them in catalogs & on the internet but would never spend the money on them 'cause I wasn't sure if I'd use them. Now they they were given to me, I want to know more about how to use them. I need some instructions.

I bake bread from scratch on occasion. I make yeast & quick breads. Can I put cake mix in them too? Or, can I freeze cookie dough in them and then push the dough out for slice & bake cookies? What do I do with them? If I end up not liking them, I'll give them away.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Over the years I've accumulated some of these baking tubes and have, until recently, been a bit perplexed at how to use them. I searched the Internet with unacceptable success. However, on a regular basis, I receive the catalogue from the King Arthur people. It's called The Baker's Catalogue, Inc. In the copy I received on Saturday there was a recipe for Sandwich Bread Canapes using baking tubes. Yeah! Now I have a trusted group of bakers to help with my dilemma. I'm going to try the recipe this week.

IMHO they're a dumb idea and item, and threw mine away. They remind me of those "As seen on TV" kind of items.

IMHO they're a dumb idea and item, and threw mine away. They remind me of those "As seen on TV" kind of items.

Things like this are part of my catch and release program. I am always curious enough to pick these items up at an estate sale or thrift shop and try them once. Then I end up donating them to a charity sale after my curiosity has been satisfied. I look at it as cheap entertainment.:LOL:

Things like this are part of my catch and release program. I am always curious enough to pick these items up at an estate sale or thrift shop and try them once. Then I end up donating them to a charity sale after my curiosity has been satisfied. I look at it as cheap entertainment.:LOL:

I love that! Catch and release kitchen gadgets! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom