Thanksgiving Tenderloin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GLC

Head Chef
Along with the traditional turkey and ham, I did a whole tenderloin on the charcoal rotisserie. My butcher provided the tenderloin, just short of five pounds, trimmed, folded, and trussed. Prepped, rubbed with salt and pepper and rested to room temperature. Basted with mixture of butter, sauteed shallots, thyme, rosemary, horseradish, and mustard. Rotated in Weber kettle type grill over lump oak charcoal to 120-degree F. The interior is somewhat more pink than it appears in the last photo. If it looks like the number of slices is a little short, it's because we spirited away a goodly chunk for later personal use. I will do this again. The whole thing will served a LOT of people. You may keep the turkey.

Attachments

• btl1.jpg
    btl1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 261
  • btl2.jpg
    btl2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 250
  • btl3.jpg
    btl3.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 225
  • btl4.jpg
    btl4.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 240
Dang, that looks and sounds fantastic, GLC!!! Feelin' the need for a piece of red meat....

That looks fantastic, I must say.

If it looks like the number of slices is a little short, it's because we spirited away a goodly chunk for later personal use.

I don't blame you there, but wondering how you managed to do that in front of everyone?

I don't blame you there, but wondering how you managed to do that in front of everyone?

They never knew what hit 'em. It was gone before they arrived to eat. Next time, I'll keep a closer watch on temperature. I checked it often, but it had passed 120, and I should have caught it earlier and let it finish off the grill for a true medium rare, which this piece of meat truly deserved. The five inches I diverted from the guests was really to make me feel better about the astounding price of a high-grade full tenderloin. But while it is a pricy piece, it will also served some 20 guests each a 1/2-inch slice, which isn't bad economy. And a 1/2-inch of this is, to me, more satisfying than larger pieces of lesser beef.

You must have very well mannered guests GLC. :LOL: With my family of big beef eaters, I could see everyone passing up the turkey and ham and heading right for that beautiful beef tenderloin without a thought of taking only one slice. :ohmy:

I was kind of surprised, too. I know I didn't eat much turkey and ham. I think they were just too tradition-bound not to eat the cheap feed.

You're my hero - this tenderloin looks amazing and makes me want to get a rotisserie attachment for my Weber ASAP.

I normally consider tenderloin a "hot and fast" cut, rather than "low and slow," but this looks delicious. Turkey, shmurkey.

I just saw my local grocer has beef tenderloins on sale this week, too. 4.xx/lb!
hmmm...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom