I've joined from WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justbugged

Assistant Cook
My name is Christina and I live in a small town south-east of Seattle WA. I am a self taught farmhouse style cook. I also love to cook for a crowd. These days I rarely have the privilege to cook for anyone. I am in my mid-fifties, and I am married to a wonderful guy. My DH and I have been married for nearly 30 years. He has been traveling for work for the past 15 years. He is home most weekends, which means that most of the time there is no one but myself to cook for.

I am an active member on another forum for people that own chickens, I am not certain how many chickens I have right now, but I do love the fresh eggs that the girls give me. At the moment I am living with 6 dogs, 5 outdoor cats ,a flight cage full of finches, and 2 aquariums. One of the tank is 125 gallons, and the other 46 gallons. So I rarely feel alone. lol

My DH and his father installed new kitchen cabinets for me. I now have a wonderful kitchen with zinc counter tops. I love the way the kitchen has turned out.

Welcome just bugged! Fellow Washingtonian here. I am up north on the coast near the Canadian border. Lots of great folks and cooking advice here, also lots of people cooking for one or two. You will fit right in. BTW congrats on the updated kitchen. Enjoy!

Oooooo. Zinc! How cool. Oh, and BTW, hello from down here about as far away from you Washingtonians as I can be in the US of A. But the DC forum is a great leveler of distances, as we have international folks as well.

Welcome to DC! I know how many hens I have--I count them every night when I lock them up (30). They add a very interesting dimension to my life and I love the fresh eggs. Who knew having chickens could be so much fun. The new girls (the 6 who arrived yesterday) are slowly getting introduced to the flock. Rocky now has 11 girls that he takes care of out at the farm. The DH has 10 (2 of which are new and not being accepted--they might have to come here--my girls are much better at accepting new gals than his are--don't know why).

Welcome justbugged. Glad you've joined us. You will love it here.
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom