Knock knock knock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ahoymatey2013

Senior Cook
Hello everyone, I enjoy cooking and I'm trying to do more things from scratch so I started searching for cooking forums. I checked this place out & think it might be a nice place to come to & learn while chatting with people from all walks of life!

I'm a female machinist who makes phaco tips for eye surgery & I work really odd hours so you never know when I'll be online. I noticed this site is a little odd on my iphone so it may take a bit to get use to it while I'm at work. I work 5 PM to 5 AM and it's an hour drive each way. I work a few days & then I have a few days off.

I love getting kitchen gadgets & my hubby just ordered the Nuwave PIC stove top thing for me this past weekend. I also have that Nuwave oven & the Showtime rotisserie oven among a lot of other stuff.

I like to camp & I have a camper on some family property so I go there when I can. I have an (almost) 8 year old Cocker Spaniel girl named Smokey. We just lost her brother close to 8 weeks ago to cancer so I took a coworker's dog who just turned 1 on April 2. Her name is Penny & she's been crated most of her life so it's a job getting her use to a loving home but we are making great progress. The idiot I work with is a hoarder so I am trying to find out where he lives so I can get the dogs out of there. We are also picking up an 8 week old cocker from him this Sunday so now when I lose one of my kids there won't just be 1 dog left here alone.

Smokey was a mess when she lost her brother & it broke my heart so terribly. I never saw such a horrible sight as that before.

Okay, enough about me unless you want to know more! Feel free to ask, I'm easy going & I like to think that I play well with others!

Welcome to our playgroup ahoymatey! With so many people from all over the world here at DC you'll never be alone when you sign on. Plus there are a few of us that don't quite adhere to the traditional circadian rhythm... :ermm: Enjoy and have fun - we (well, at least I) look forward to your tales of tails.

Welcome. Folks here have pets that they would give their life for. So they can understand your distress at losing a family member. I have two virtual kittens that are now on a diet. They have gotten too fat from everyone in DC feeding them. You will find their story in DC Own Coffee Klatch.

We also have campers and have a plethora of advice.

Kitchen gagets? If it was the latest and greatest, I just had to have it. Now I am trying to get rid of it all. I live alone and cook for only one. On occasion I make a pie or cake for one of my kids.

Sit back, peruse the site and enjoy. Don't forget to go to Today's Funny. It will cheer you up immensely.

I recently had cataract surgery on both eyes. Who knows. They may have used the device you make. :angel:

Welcome to DC! We foodies also love our pets, don't we!
That almost sounded creepy! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: I know you didn't mean we love the taste of them though! :wacko:

Welcome to DC ahoymatey! Shhhh! Don't tell anyone, but we are kind of nuts here! Shhhh!

Last edited:
Welcome to DC! We foodies also love our pets, don't we!

Stay away from the teriyaki...and the kittens....:ermm:

I don't play well with others, I bite and I'm an Ogress...married to an Ogre and two cats who own the both of us. They let us out to play every once in a while.

Welcome!

I don't play well with others, I bite and I'm an Ogress...married to an Ogre and two cats who own the both of us. They let us out to play every once in a while.

Welcome!

The Princess used to be a nice person until her cats took over her life and that of the Ogre. But we love her anyway. We really feel sorry for the Ogre. :angel:

Welcome!

You're talking nonsense! Liar liar pants on fire :-p
Either you are nice or we're all too grumpy to notice you're not :LOL:

Welcome to DC Ahoy........ (Sorry couldn't remember the rest!) :)

Welcome to Discuss Cooking :chef:

Click around the site, and I'm sure you will find lots of food inspiration. Any particular dishes or foods you're interested in?

Welcome!

Haha People who don't play well will be invited to my kitty BBQs :ROFLMAO: I do kitty on a stick, grilled kitty..... you get the picture! I am joking & I hope you took it that way but like Dawgluver said, us foodies do love our pets.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. You seem like you do enjoy each other's company & I hope to be here for a long time.

Haha People who don't play well will be invited to my kitty BBQs :ROFLMAO: I do kitty on a stick, grilled kitty..... you get the picture! I am joking & I hope you took it that way but like Dawgluver said, us foodies do love our pets.

Be careful, I got in trouble one April Fools day by suggesting steaks from an endangered marine mammal were on the menu.:ROFLMAO: But its all good! A buddy of mine won an Oscar as one of the u/w cameramen on the Documentry "The Cove".

I have a strange sense of humor, I think it's because I work with all men. Yeah, I blame it on that. They always tell me that they never know what I'll come out & say next. I like to keep people on their toes.

I wonder if I should share what I said to them one day on the elevator when I was new?!?!?!?!

I have a strange sense of humor, I think it's because I work with all men. Yeah, I blame it on that. They always tell me that they never know what I'll come out & say next. I like to keep people on their toes.

I wonder if I should share what I said to them one day on the elevator when I was new?!?!?!?!

I know what you are saying. I too have a strange sense of humor. I try to see the funny side of everything. But the strongest language I have ever used in this forum is (block your ears) Dag Nab It! And my strongest word is "Dang!" I am sure everyone is now tsk tsking and clucking their tongues. "That Addie is out of control again!"

If you do make an inappropriate post, there is always a moderator or administrator on duty and it will be removed promptly. Then you will receive a private message telling you why it was removed. But it is always handle delicately. :angel:

Trust me, there is no sense of humor like that of a Nightshift nurse...

Told mt nephew (who loves cats) that's why we kept cats, raising them for teriyaki...we usually serve venison at Christmas and rabbit at Easter.:LOL:

But seriously, Welcome.

Back
Top Bottom