Hello :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HappyLoman

Assistant Cook
Hi Im sitting here on the net worrying about giving myself food poisioning trying to follow all the recipes that come up when I google Curry ! :)

So Im hoping to learn how to cook a few cheap and cheeful meals from scratch, which for me will include the use of tinned produce :D

Im from Scotland and really hopeful I can save some much needed money by going down this route, but havent ever bothered to cook too much on my own before. :)

here goes :)

Hi Im sitting here on the net worrying about giving myself food poisioning trying to follow all the recipes that come up when I google Curry ! :)

So Im hoping to learn how to cook a few cheap and cheeful meals from scratch, which for me will include the use of tinned produce :D

Im from Scotland and really hopeful I can save some much needed money by going down this route, but havent ever bothered to cook too much on my own before. :)

here goes :)
If you follow simple food hygiene rules to the letter there is no reason why curry or anything else should give you food poisoning.

"They" say that tinned veg provide as good a range of vitamins as fresh but fresh tends to taste better and tends to be cheaper if you buy in season. Having said that, the increase in price of tinned, cooked pulses (beans of various sorts) tends to be balanced out by the length of cooking required for the ones bought dry.

Buy fruit and veg in season and which have been grown as near to the point of sale (both in time and distance) as these are a lot cheaper than imported fruit and veg. Try and get hold of an old cookery book which tells you about foods in season. Another way to save on fruit and veg is to shop late on Saturday afternoon in a shop which doesn't trade on Sunday. Prices are often reduced to clear the stock.

It's something of a fallacy that supermarkets are cheaper than independent shops - how often do you go into the s'market for a loaf of bread and a pint of milk and find yourself leaving with £20 worth of "bargains"?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom