2017 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pretty certain I had a huge brain hiccup when I decided, after lunch, to make some baguettes to have with our supper...which was nicely cooking in the crock-pot because it's 115F here today. As I said huge brain hiccup.

At any rate, two baguettes are in the oven finishing up.

And where did you get the beautiful bundt pans?

All my GOOD bundts are from Nordic Ware. Most of them I found on sale (and I have tons) but I couldn't wait for the new one and paid nearly $50.00.
Amazon often has good sales on them, I've found nice ones on sale at Walmart, Target and several online cooking sites.

Last edited:
WOW Katie!
Our Goodwill or any other of the thirty stores up here don't really have nice stuff.

Rparrny, I've been on the hunt for the square Fostoria American pattern Cake Stand that my was my Great grandmother's, but Mom broke it and cried for days.
All I've ever found are VERY expensive!
Fostoria, American Clear (Stem 2056) at Replacements, Ltd - Page 1

WOW Katie!
Our Goodwill or any other of the thirty stores up here don't really have nice stuff.

Rparrny, I've been on the hunt for the square Fostoria American pattern Cake Stand that my was my Great grandmother's, but Mom broke it and cried for days.

You can get on one ebay for under $100. Some show really cheap prices but shipping is $35, so be careful.
Just did a search and found one on Ebay for 49.99 with 12.95 shipping which is reasonable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-FOSTORI...002740?hash=item4667e88674:g:JZgAAOSw-89ZU-Qp

BTW, when I was stationed at Camp Smith I would go camping at Kbay on the beach all the time (on the military side) and loved it...but if you weren't off that beach by Monday morning, chance are your tent would get run over by a tank...lol.

Last edited:
WOW Katie!

One of our area Goodwill stores is like going to Macy's. On Wednesday's, for seniors, everything is 20% off. On the first Saturday of each month, EVERYTHING in the store is 50% off. Unbelievable. That's where I bought our portable ice maker for about $3.00.

You can get on one ebay for under $100. Some show really cheap prices but shipping is $35, so be careful.
Just did a search and found one on Ebay for 49.99 with 12.95 shipping which is reasonable.

VTG FOSTORIA Glass EARLY AMERICAN Clear Square Pedestal Cake Stand w/ Rum Well

BTW, when I was stationed at Camp Smith I would go camping at Kbay on the beach all the time (on the military side) and loved it...but if you weren't off that beach by Monday morning, chance are your tent would get run over by a tank...lol.

We would camp on the beach at Bellows all the time. Partied just a little too much one Sunday night and had MP's aknockin' :LOL:

My pitas from last night.
1r4TbirEgaTBZ-p9qTODbXclmpji1SnaJF0abNi-W8spX92IB

Last week I made some blueberry cornbread muffins. So Pirate asked me to make just some plain cornbread. I use the white cornmeal. Both the muffins and cornbread came out so light and airy.

Pirate loved both. And to some extent so did I. I used the recipe on the cornmeal container. For me that recipe makes the "cornmeal" too cakey. So next time I will cut back on the flour by 1/4 of a cup and replace it with more cornmeal.

Mini Cherry Cheese Danish. First run turned out great!!

27696-albums1087-picture7004.jpg

Mouth-watering, msmofet!
Thank you GG.

I love these Danish but can't find them so much anymore. They usually have cheese OR cherry. So I looked up recipes and mixed and matched. Basically I didn't measure anything just mixed the cheese mixture till I liked the flavor. I used canned Comstock cherry pie filling.

I commented on your gorgeous Cherry Cheese Danish on the dinner thread, MsM, but have to say again...those look SO good. Great pic! :chef::yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom