Addie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie, so glad to hear that you are doing okay. Those are tough surgeries to go through but if I know anything about you it is that you are strong and tough!

I went through learning to walk again twice in my life. The only advice I have is to not be too tough on yourself and give yourself time.

Love,
Lydia!

Thank you everyone. It is nice to know I have so many caring friends.

I went to see one of the doctors today. He was livid. He gave specific instruction regarding the care and application of any dressings. Winthrop decided I didn't know what I was talking about when I told them how he wanted the dressings. So I squealed on them today. Oh boy. Are they going to be really angry with me come Friday. The nurse comes tomorrow to change my dressings. Nope, not this time. He wants them to remain unchanged for two days. She is going to argue with me, but I am following doctors orders. He knows more than the nurses. I have his written instructions with his signature. They can't argue with that.

I start with rehab on Friday. And I am not looking forward to it. But I have committed myself to rehab three days a week as well as going in to see the doctor once a week. And I will stick to it. I want to learn how to walk again as soon as I am completely healed but first I have to build up strength in my legs. I presently am weighing only 90 pounds. And that is not good. So Pirate has fed me at least five times today. I haven't weighed that little since I was a teenager. Right now I am hobbling around with a child's walker for inside the house and a wheelchair everywhere else. I want to get my weight up to 110.

I was looking forward to having the nurse give me a full shower tomorrow. Can't remove the dressings. So I will settle for her washing just my hair at the kitchen sink and giving me a sponge bath in bed.

Thank you everyone. It is nice to know I have so many caring friends.

I went to see one of the doctors today. He was livid. He gave specific instruction regarding the care and application of any dressings. Winthrop decided I didn't know what I was talking about when I told them how he wanted the dressings. So I squealed on them today. Oh boy. Are they going to be really angry with me come Friday. The nurse comes tomorrow to change my dressings. Nope, not this time. He wants them to remain unchanged for two days. She is going to argue with me, but I am following doctors orders. He knows more than the nurses. I have his written instructions with his signature. They can't argue with that.

I start with rehab on Friday. And I am not looking forward to it. But I have committed myself to rehab three days a week as well as going in to see the doctor once a week. And I will stick to it. I want to learn how to walk again as soon as I am completely healed but first I have to build up strength in my legs. I presently am weighing only 90 pounds. And that is not good. So Pirate has fed me at least five times today. I haven't weighed that little since I was a teenager. Right now I am hobbling around with a child's walker for inside the house and a wheelchair everywhere else. I want to get my weight up to 110.

I was looking forward to having the nurse give me a full shower tomorrow. Can't remove the dressings. So I will settle for her washing just my hair at the kitchen sink and giving me a sponge bath in bed.

Addie, so glad to hear you're being taken care of... y'know when you feel like crud isn't it the best just to have your hair washed?

Back
Top Bottom