Bundt Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JGDean

Sous Chef
I was given a non-stick Bundt cake pan in the shape of a rose. Does anyone have recipes/ideas.? I'm not much of a baker.

Is that in silicon? The local supermarket had them on sale recently, I wanted them but they sold out before I got there...:( I was also a little curious whether those details of the petals will hold when you take the cake out of the form... I am interested in some suggestions as well!!

Silicon

This is non-stick over cast iron. I have some silicon mold pans that I have used for quiche and cake. The definition of the mold holds up well if what you are baking ends up firm.

argh, wish I'd seen them in a supermarket up here Charlie, I'm always collecting interesting tins.....

There are loads of bundt recipes here...I find a really good speialist greasing product for shaped tins invaluable as opposed to greasing or greasing and flouring normally. I use an American product I get in UK called Wilton Cake Release. Its very good. I make loads of cakes in decorative tins, and have rarely had a problem with a recipe not desiged for them. Remeber to go for something that doesn't need icing though, lol. Glazes work beautifully to highlight the shape. VB's Caramel Apple cake here in the Baking section is superb in a decortaive tin. I like to make lemon cakes in rose tins and glaze with lemon glaze and a little rose syrup, and some crushed pistachios....lemon and rose screams turkish delight, and is a lovely combination.

ETA: I also use them to make oher things like jellys and breads etc. Yesterday we had a flower shaped spanish Cream that was lovely.

I've seen (coveted, really) the pan you've been given. It's beautiful and should produce a very pretty cake. I second what lulu said about making sure you prepare the inside of the pan before adding the batter. You want all the cake to come out of the pan so the rose cake design will be perfect.

You say you are not much of a baker. If baking intimidates you, try checking the packages of cake mix in your grocery store. Many, if not all, of them will have a variation for a bundt cake on the package. That might be a way to take "baby steps" in using your nice pan.

Best of luck. You have a beauty.

Back
Top Bottom