Dinner, Saturday Dec. 20th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cara

Master Chef
just a few days to go until christmas :)
you all prepared or don't you have time to cook anymore?

I'll do myself some Geschnetzeltes Zurich Style, but use beef instead of veal.
Not sure if I'll really do traditional roesti with it or just cook some rice..

Not sure what I'll have. About mid-afternoon I'll drive the 50 miles to my youngest brother's house. I'm going to see him perform in the evening production of A Christmas Story for his community theater. We may go somewhere for a bite after the show.

I already put a roast in the crockpot. May baked some cookies when the oven is done cleaning itself!

Some friends are having a sushi party tonight, so that's what we're having :) It will all be homemade there at their place. I'm bringing a Japanese shrimp-cucumber-noodle salad with rice-wine vinaigrette.

Family party at the inlaws. Fa-la-la-la-la. :wacko:

I'm bringing a baked reuben dip.

I'm going out to eat with my Jazzercise buddies... we always do a Christmas dinner!

I just remembered why I don't like to use the crockpot when I am home all day. By the time dinner is ready I will be sick of smelling it. It is much better to walk in after work to find the aroma.

we are going to a pizza pot luck tonight. It is up to us as to how we accomplish it. I am partially baking the pizza at home and will finish baking it at the party. It's looking like a goat pizza:cool:. Will have chevon sausage and three goat cheeses; mozz, chevre and ricotta. And I probably won't be able to resist a sprinkling of parmesan..

we are going to a pizza pot luck tonight. It is up to us as to how we accomplish it. I am partially baking the pizza at home and will finish baking it at the party. It's looking like a goat pizza:cool:. Will have chevon sausage and three goat cheeses; mozz, chevre and ricotta. And I probably won't be able to resist a sprinkling of parmesan..

That sounds like a fun idea! Pizza pot lluck.

Hush! Shhhhh! I have to talk quietly or all of the "Catfish Gang" will here me...:ermm:

I'm gonna have a few sips of bourbon first then.....
I'm having Fwied catfish, and all the stuff that goes with it :clap:

We've been out to watch our local amateur ice dance show then out to eat. We had a mixed platter starter then I had grilled seafood - seabass, prawns and a scallop. Slightly overcooked IMO but great flavour

No snow, ice or wind, so will take advantage and grill burgers tonight! I have been baking and making fudge this afternoon while the spouse is out shopping.

We are having bacon lettuce and tomato sandwiches.. may bake them in the oven and add cheese onion and mushrooms too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom