Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never had a bacon and tomato sauce sandwich?! I can barely believe you. It's an institution in Britain, often called a "bacon buttie". We also have a sandwich known as a BLT - bacon, lettuce and tomatoe. I'm not so keen on that - I'd rather just have extra bacon!

rdcast, not many people turned up for tea last Sunday. So I reckon I don't need to make so many cakes. Do you fancy making a cheesecake if I balance it with a low cholesterol carrot cake?

Yep, we've had BLTs forevah. But, haven't heard of the Bacon and tomato sauce deal. I'd be curious to try it.
Snoop, what type of tomato sauce? Is it more of a plain type or marinara or......?

Actually, I don't use anything fancy. Just Heinz ketchup or better still an organic tomato ketchup I sometimes manage to get hold of. I'm of rdcast's persuasion: it's hard to have too much bacon. I usually drop one slice of toast into the frying pan to fry in the bacon fat while I'm spreading the ketchup on one side of the other piece.

Good morning! I made banana stuffed French toast & bacon(I agree you can never have too much bacon) for everyone this morning & there's maple syurp for it if you want. I'm grabbing a ginger ale to go, TC's not feeling well this morning.

Sorry to hear TC's not feeling on top form today. I will have some French toast. It's one of those things I never make myself but always enjoy. Thanks.

Try him on a piece of this carrot cake I've just made. Supposedly low cholesterol though it's got lots of sugar in it unfortunately. I haven't put a frosting on it but it's extremely moist because it's drenched in a sugar and orange juice syrup. There's a pot of tea on the table as well, if you fancy some. rdcast said he'd make a cheesecake if you'd rather have that. Looking around DC, I gather he's a bit of a cheesecake expert!

I would like some very strong coffee with some Baileys Irish Cream in it.

It is about 1PM here in Southern California and that would really quench my chocolate urge.

Good luck with you new Restaurant.

Jill and Jolie

We're getting ready to watch the DVD of the original "M.A.SH." movie, so I think I'd like a great big bucket of popcorn. Popped in coconut oil with lots of real butter on it and light salt. Since we're at home, an adult beverage would be nice. Some nice cold beer because it's midafternoon here. We'll save the heavier stuff for cocktail time on the porch.

Thanks.

Katie:ROFLMAO:

Wow. People. OK - strong coffee with Baileys coming up. Is that one or two? I see you sign Jill and Jolie. There's two just in case, one for each of you or two for one of you!

And Katie E, your wish is my command. There you go. And there's a couple of spares in a bucket of ice in case you want another while the film is on.

Okay I'm bored. I'll busy myself with cleaning this place from top to bottom. Except Sushi's room. He's on his own with that one.

Yea he will just have to do his own room. Barbara and I will help with the rest. Sushi promised blueberry pan cakes for tomorrow ! :chef: I may have to whip them up if he doesn't make it back ! :chef:

Whomever gets the 9000 post gets a really nice gift! *polishing brass rails*
Its a BIG occasion here and we are going to have a party this weekend!
Remember! To get the gift to you.... I need to SEND IT TO YOU!
That means MAIL! And it MUST be within the USA or Canada. (sorry guys)
So, please give me all the needed stuff to send it. :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom