Everyone else likes it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Erasers. Really any school supplies especially the minty flavored paste.

Except for Gazpacho, I HATE tomato soup and most tomato-based sauces, but I love tomatoes and tomato juice. I blame it on my Dad's cream of tomato soup.

WOW!
I'm sitting here racking my brain...

Tomato anything doesn't agree with me so, I can't say I don't like it, it doesn't like ME! Some Shell fish, also, allergic, love oysters, but, Ooh MAN! Not a good reaction.

I like coffee
I like tofu
I LOVE Sashimi and Sushi (and yes Virginia, they are totally different dishes)
I like caviar
I like all beans
I've learned to like Brussel Sprouts
I LOVE sweets (just not too overly sweet though)
I like Venison, Buffalo, Goat, Pheasant, Rabbit, Lamb, Quail, Duck, Elk, Moose, Partridge, Wild Boar ... MEAT!!!
I like fruits, star fruit is ok, but not my first choice
I'll drink just about any alcoholic beverage (CD have you tried Prosecco? a sweet Italian sparkling wine, YUM!)
<edit> that's what I forgot to say... Turtle, it's delicious, but ban in Hawaii now. We use to go diving and catch our own, MMM!

OH, but no Gin or Scotch/Bourbon.
Ooh, OOH, I do not care for Mango, Papaya, Breadfruit, Cantaloupe (the melon family in general).
No Cauliflower or Offal (other than Chicken Liver Patè), :yuk:
I think lastly, Anchovies TOTALLY GROSS ME OUT! I can't even touch them , smell them , ACK! DH loves them on his salad as well as Pizza---I'm a good wife and use tongs and hold my nose!!!

Last edited:
I like most foods. There really is very little I don't like.

• Sea Urchin. Weird texture with a fishy flavor. I've tried it twice. It isn't something I would classify as a food "everyone else likes," though.
  • Caviar, although I don't dismiss all of it. I once went to a caviar tasting in Las Vegas to see if maybe there was something I was missing. I had a couple that I thought were okay. But I wouldn't go out of my way for it.
  • Single Malt Scotch. I've tried it and tried it, and I just don't like it. I can understand why some people would, because there is something interesting about it. But it's just not my thing.
  • Budget Wine (think "two buck Chuck" or Yellow Tail). I'm not as much of a wine snob as you might think. I like almost anything that's well made. But some of the budget brands just taste taste to me like wine that's been open for a week, even when you've just opened it.
  • Tequila. Nope. Won't drink it, even if mixed with something else.

Last edited:
I like most foods. There really is very little I don't like.

• Sea Urchin. Weird texture with a fishy flavor. I've tried it twice. It isn't something I would classify as a food "everyone else likes," though.
  • Caviar, although I don't dismiss all of it. I once went to a caviar tasting in Las Vegas to see if maybe there was something I was missing. I had a couple that I thought were okay. But I wouldn't go out of my way for it.
  • Single Malt Scotch. I've tried it and tried it, and I just don't like it. I can understand why some people would, because there is something interesting about it. But it's just not my thing.
  • Budget Wine (think "two buck Chuck" or Yellow Tail). I'm not as much of a wine snob as you might think. I like almost anything that's well made. But some of the budget brands just taste taste to me like wine that's been open for a week, even when you've just opened it.
  • Tequila. Nope. Won't drink it, even if mixed with something else.

I would agree with all but tequila, and at one time I'd have agreed there too. I've changed my view on that one recently. When anyone celebrates a birthday or other occasion at the local watering hole, a shot of tequila is often obligatory. When they break out the Patron, I find that it's not bad. I don't even do the salt and lime with it - it goes down smoothly with no bite. I was pleasantly surprised. :blink:

I would agree with all but tequila, and at one time I'd have agreed there too. I've changed my view on that one recently. When anyone celebrates a birthday or other occasion at the local watering hole, a shot of tequila is often obligatory. When they break out the Patron, I find that it's not bad. I don't even do the salt and lime with it - it goes down smoothly with no bite. I was pleasantly surprised. :blink:

Yeah, the problem with tequila shots is that too many people use something cheap, like Cuervo Gold. Use a Patron or Cabo Wabo silver, and it is a MUCH different experience. But, those tequilas are VERY pricey.

Oh yeah, with a high-end tequila, no salt or lime is necessary.

Which reminds me...

13. Gin

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom