Fraternal lodge safety situation and question(s).

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wart - this is no small matter. And as Trustee - don't you have to be appointed? There's usually an "order" to becoming one. Don't know about the Moose Lodge but know about others.

Here we get elected.

No one else ran for the position.

Don't have to wonder why.

This needs to be brought up in a House Committee meeting, if that's what you call it, and it needs to be dealt with in a very adult, serious manner.

Thats pretty much what it's called.

Does need addressed in an adult manner.

The numerous times I have tried bringing their actions to their attention I am told "this is how we have always done X", X being whatever.

This nurse just doesn't understand the facts of food - she may be a great nurse - but she's certainly not a great cook.

This nurse is one of the first to have discovered bacteria growing in and on surgical soap dispensers.

Then she turns around and tells me about the acid in the sauce keeping it safe ... Astounding.

I'm starting another thread on fish ....

She can do whatever she wants at home, but, cooking for the public is a different thing.

That is what I try telling them.

But they have always done it this way ...

Call the board of health and the media. They will not be able to say that is the way they have always done it after that.

Call the board of health and the media. They will not be able to say that is the way they have always done it after that.

And after that you obviously know becoming a member may be out of the question. Elk's are good!!!!!!

why would you continue to be a part of this type of operation?

It is NOT worth it, and if you know better, and I KNOW you do, it is better to walk away, inform the people that WILL make a difference(the local health/F&B people)and sit back and laugh...for real, I know this is not really the "best"advice, but I think it is the best advice.

Jump ship, watch it sink from afar...

NO!!
I belong to a fraternal organization and cook meals for them occasionally. The first freeze was not bad. The container, as long as clean, really doesn't matter as long as it seals. The sauce should have been thawed in the refrigerator. Once thawed, heated to a good simmer and served. Once that is done, leftovers are THROWN AWAY. We never re-freeze leftovers a second time. You are asking for trouble.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom