Freeze Dry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Termy

Senior Cook
I have read about cartilage eaten and having very good benefits. Shark cartilage I'm told, chicken cartilage was used in an experiment years ago and found to be good for the joints.

Freeze drying is simply a matter of the food thawing in a vacuum. I went looking for compressor for refrigerator, they produce a nifty vacuum. Now nothing has to go in the freezer, this is while THAWING.

I looked for one and eBay found it and spammed me for a while over it. But $80 is not bad for new.

So it is a fitting for the compressor, (nice if it has a way to add oil) a hose and an airtight vessel with a place for the hose.

I also wonder what it can do to other things. (tomatoes ?)

T

Last edited:
I have read about cartilage eaten and having very good benefits. Shark cartilage I'm told, chicken cartilage was used in an experiment years ago and found to be good for the joints.
I have no idea what the rest of your post means, but this is not true. Rendered cartilage is broken down by gastric juices to amino acids (building blocks of protein) and then used wherever it's needed in the body. It could be joint cartilage, could be hair, could be all kinds of things.

We feed our dogs a freeze-dried dog food. They love it! We switched to freeze-dried years ago, when our oldest doggie, at that time, needed more water for her health. This was a good way to add water to her diet. Added benefit is that it travels well for camping trips. Add a little hot water and it looks and smells like something I would eat too.

The one thing I can't figure out is how she, and now our oldest boy, can eat around the carrots? Or maybe it is just a kindness to our other pup, who loves the carrots and is happy to clean up the bowl when the other is done? :LOL:

...The one thing I can't figure out is how she, and now our oldest boy, can eat around the carrots?...:LOL:

I could never figure out how the Golden we had years ago could take a wad of hamburg with a pill in the middle, eat the hamburg and spit out the pill.

I won't use supplements that use coral calcium, shark, krill, or any of the other popular fads. There is too much stress on the marine environment as it is. In our short sighted attempts to make monetary profit, we are destroying the bounty of this planet. That's my opinion.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom