Frozen dough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With all the bread I make, I can't think of any reason I would have to freeze the dough. Even if I had some emergency, and already had some dough started, I'd probably just put it in the fridge. And it would take less time to make a new batch, than to thaw some, rise it again, etc. Loaves of bread, that's another thing - that saves me a lot of time, though I still have to wait a while for it to thaw. And I make sure I don't keep them much longer than 2 or 3 months.

My DIL buys fresh premade pizza dough on a regular basis and freezes til needed. A few of our grocery stores carry it. There is also a Whole Wheat dough but as much as she likes WW (and usually buys) she won't buy it as pizza dough. Says it just doesn't taste right. Just comes in a plain clear plastic bag with the stores own stuck on label.

taxy, check out any President's Choice carrying stores (Loblaw's, IGA, No Frills, etc). Especially next time you go to Cornwall.
I've tried buying spelt pizza dough (from Lufa Farms). It sat in my freezer until I didn't trust it anymore. Just like GG, I don't think frozen pizza dough is for me.

Yes, you can use store-bought frozen dough to make a homemade pizza. Thaw the dough according to the package instructions, roll it out, add your favorite toppings, and bake as directed.

Dough that’s been in the freezer for a long time doesn't rise as well, sometimes hardly at all. BTDT unfortunately.

Dough that’s been in the freezer for a long time doesn't rise as well, sometimes hardly at all. BTDT unfortunately.
I haven't had that problem. It does take all day though. For pizza at night I take the frozen dough out and leave it at room temperature all day. When it's thawed, I shape it into a ball then leave it to rise further until it's time to bake.

I haven't had that problem. It does take all day though. For pizza at night I take the frozen dough out and leave it at room temperature all day. When it's thawed, I shape it into a ball then leave it to rise further until it's time to bake.
I'm talking anout dough that has been in the freezer a  long time, like forgotten about/lost long, i.e. several months or more. I always let frozen dough thaw in the refrigerator overnight. The yeast does eventually lose its umph and/or dies.

I figured it out! I figured it out! :clap::clap:
BTDT....

Been There, Done That...

:chicken: What's my prize? eh? eh? :chicken: What's my prize? :chicken:
Ah yes, but that acronym should have a comma in the middle to makes sense, I think anyway. Shouldn't it be BT,DT?

Comma? Nah, just spoils the speed which is the point of an acronym, no? and Yes, it would be easier to figure out. A choice to be made.

Comma? Nah, just spoils the speed which is the point of an acronym, no? and Yes, it would be easier to figure out. A choice to be made.
If I were typing out all of the letters that would be slow...I personally don't think a single comma slows it down much--and if it takes the reader several minutes (or typing jn a search engine to find it) then it's not very helpful for speed (for them).

e3519a3eb4a6397305caab5ba5625bb4.jpg

If I were typing out all of the letters that would be slow...I personally don't think a single comma slows it down much--and if it takes the reader several minutes (or typing jn a search engine to find it) then it's not very helpful for speed (for them).

The convention is, no punctuation, just the letters. If you search Google for BTDT you'll get the answer in an instant. No commas needed.

The convention is, no punctuation, just the letters. If you search Google for BTDT you'll get the answer in an instant. No commas needed.
I know this, and I know my wishful thinking isn't going to change anything, lol. I don't mind acronyms honestly. There are some who abhor them and abbreviations.

There are many I abhor and yes, along with certain abbreviations too. Acronyms should be short, some get so long as to be ridiculous, ludicrous and completely inane.

If you're that short on time - then perhaps don't answer until you do. At least that's my feelings. There are many that are standards, used often. But phrases that are only used once in a while deserve to be spelt out. If you rarely use them chances are no one will have a clue as to what you are talking about. (and those I ignore as if never said - lol which sometimes makes the author look a little silly to boot) :LOL:

I need to make some pizza dough soon. One of my husband's cousins bought a pizza oven and he asked for dough recipes. I have a few I like.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom