Frozen dough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like @jennyema says
What dough?

And what type of pizza would you want to make?

Most could work if you just want something doughy with a topping

I always have a Publix pizza dough in the freezer. It's easy and good.
But you must thaw it out and let it come up to room temp before you try to work with it.
I will even allow it to rise one more time.

You can use frozen pizza dough to make pizza at home. You have to let it defrost and let it sit at room temperature before you shape the crust and top it.

I used to buy the Bridgford frozen bread dough to make pizza until I got a bread machine. I just love set it and forget it small appliances.
4750048101-001

I used to buy the Bridgford frozen bread dough to make pizza until I got a bread machine. I just love set it and forget it small appliances.
4750048101-001
I love their Parker House rolls. I have 3 bags of them in the freezer right now. I bought them for the holidays but ended up using Costco dinner rolls. They are not nearly as good.
I thaw and rise them in one step. Takes about 3 hours in the oven on "proof". Then about 10 minutes bake time in a preheated oven. They are great every time.
1704898040064.jpeg

I have a bread machine so I'm loathe to pay for dough. Sometimes DD buys a bag of the dough from Trader Joe which is around a dollar. They have whole wheat, herb and plain.

I always have a few frozen doughs in the freezer. I think the brand is " House of Pasta". It comes with 2 dough balls. I double hit up, cause I make a large. Its quick, easy and tastes great.

I have a bread machine so I'm loathe to pay for dough. Sometimes DD buys a bag of the dough from Trader Joe which is around a dollar. They have whole wheat, herb and plain.
If I could get that here, the whole wheat dough for a buck or three, I would be on that like curd cheese on poutine.

My DIL buys fresh premade pizza dough on a regular basis and freezes til needed. A few of our grocery stores carry it. There is also a Whole Wheat dough but as much as she likes WW (and usually buys) she won't buy it as pizza dough. Says it just doesn't taste right. Just comes in a plain clear plastic bag with the stores own stuck on label.

taxy, check out any President's Choice carrying stores (Loblaw's, IGA, No Frills, etc). Especially next time you go to Cornwall.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom