Green tomato ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was going to give you the church relish recipe, except mine is called green tomatoe relish, but it's the same (except i put hot peppers and some garlic in it) I make it every year and it is great on hot dogs and white beans. Also, people like it for Christmas gifts. You can make enchiladas verde with green tomatoes and it is really good. (I always have a bunch of them in the fall too)

fried of course, even deep fried! pie as said above. pickled...a dill pickle brine for whole halved or quartered, depending on size...they are wonderful. And all the other great suggestions given above.

carolelaine said:
I was going to give you the church relish recipe, except mine is called green tomatoe relish, but it's the same (except i put hot peppers and some garlic in it) I make it every year and it is great on hot dogs and white beans. Also, people like it for Christmas gifts. You can make enchiladas verde with green tomatoes and it is really good. (I always have a bunch of them in the fall too)
I have often wondered how it would be with a little heat in it. I'll bet if the ladies made some of it that way, it would sell.
I'd imagine it is good with white beans. So is corn relish.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom