Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never thought I'd hear a cat say that!!!! :LOL:

There's not a prejudiced bone in my body. Why, some of my best friends are dogs.
img_488378_0_f1ae3e2e6cf98be9aee556442be392ad.gif
my.php

my.php

Last edited:
the rubber thing that goes on the bottom of a chair leg or other legged object so that it doesn't scratch the floor / stays stable etc?

An inch in diameter? About the size of a quarter? Obviously it’s porcelain or glazed ceramic.

A decorative knob for the top of a lamp shade……it goes on the threaded end where the shade rests on the lamp body?

An inch in diameter? About the size of a quarter? Obviously it’s porcelain or glazed ceramic.

A decorative knob for the top of a lamp shade……it goes on the threaded end where the shade rests on the lamp body?

Good guess, keltin. Those gadgets are called "finials," but the size would be too large for one of those. Unless, of course, the lamp is quite large.

However, a finial needs to be threaded and there appear to be no threads in this object.

Good guess, keltin. Those gadgets are called "finials," but the size would be too large for one of those. Unless, of course, the lamp is quite large.

However, a finial needs to be threaded and there appear to be no threads in this object.

"Finial"??? Those things have a name?!?!? :LOL:

An important sounding name at that! Well, I've learned something! Thanks for that. Now, all I have to do is work in a cool way to use my knew knowledge. Maybe at the next cookout, I’ll causally stroll through the neighbor's house and remark to the hostess that I simply love the finials she has chosen for the great room! Man, I’d sound up-town!!!

Thanks for the edification! See……DC teaches WAY more than just cooking. I LOVE this place!!!!:wub:

Last edited:
Know what you mean, Keltin-----I've learned a lot here, and it'd darn better be on those cards in the next Pictionary Edition. :)

Ok, J, I didn't read the posts all the way through and obviously it can't be a jeweler's eypiece if it's closed on one end. Is it a cue stick sharpener or whatever it does to a cue stick or maybe a dart end sharpener.

Know what you mean, Keltin-----I've learned a lot here, and it'd darn better be on those cards in the next Pictionary Edition. :)

Ok, J, I didn't read the posts all the way through and obviously it can't be a jeweler's eypiece if it's closed on one end. Is it a cue stick sharpener or whatever it does to a cue stick or maybe a dart end sharpener.

Oh......GREAT guess. That is called a "porcupine" amongst the billiard boys. And while it is a great guess, as Katie points out, the 1" diamter is a bit big for it to be even that. Plus, I've never seen one that is ceramic...beer swilling and ceramic doesn't work so well in the Friday night pool halls! :LOL:

Still, a great guess!!!

It can't possibly be a weird anti-nail biting tool? A thing you put on a person's fingers that has a chronic habit of biting their nails (yeah, getting medieval here!)???

***off topic................Expat, you're over in the middle east right? What time is it over there? Are you up late or early?*****

Kazakhstan is considered Central Asia. We are exactly 12 hours ahead of those in the CST zone until the time change which K. doesn't follow btw. So it's now Saturday morning at around 9:40am. BTW, it's fun to "run backwards" in time and see what DC'ers have posted.:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom