I have these ingredients, please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyNyssa

Assistant Cook
About 4 (FRESH) zucchini and 4 squash, already cut portabella mushrooms, shredded mexican cheese (anything to make bread/dough with), parm cheese, eggs, 1-15 oz can of tomato sauce, tomatoes, brown rice, noodles, wild rice, & tuna.
Those are the contents of my pantry at the moment. I just picked the zucch and squash out of the garden and am excited to use them. I just don't know how!
Does anyone have any recipes or suggestions? I can't really run to the store to go get anything. I was thinking maybe a pizza or something, but not sure.

Open to suggestions. Thank you all in advance.
:mrgreen:

Ratatouille. Or you can stuff those zucchini with a mixture of rice, tomato, mushroom, two beaten eggs to set the mixture, top with your cheeses.I can give you a more detailed recipe if you wish.

Yes please, that sounds amazing! And if you could tell me what to do with the zucchini. I'm not an avid cook! Thank you so much!:mrgreen:

Yes please, that sounds amazing! And if you could tell me what to do with the zucchini. I'm not an avid cook! Thank you so much!:mrgreen:
Ratatouille is basically a vegetable stew. Normally it has eggplant, but rules are made to be broken. Chop everything up to the same size and you can cook it in a pan or pot and let it simmer on the stove for about 20-30 minutes. Make sure you peel and clean out the Squash first. Add some herbs, onions and garlic(powder will do in a pinch) if you have them. Even some white wine if there is any around. Don't forget to season it with a bit of sugar and salt and pepper if you wish. You can serve it on some plain rice.

Stuffing a zucchini or sqash is a bit more involved. I would choose the largest one. Cut it lengthways and clean the seeds out if it is the squash. Place cut side down on a cookie sheet or some kind of oven proof container and bake for about half an hour. Scrape all of the insides out leaving about a quarter of an inch left in the shell. Cook the chopped insides of your squash or zucchini, diced tomato, chopped mushrooms, onions and garlic if you have any, and if not, do you have any onion and/or garlic powder? that should go in also along with some herbs of choice. Add some cooked rice to this mixture. Let cool for a few minutes and preheat your oven. Add a couple of beaten eggs and mix everything together. Fill your upturned shells with the mixture and top with what ever cheeses you have. Bake for about half an hour at 375 or 400 until cheese is browned and stuffing is set. Make sure to check this frequently so it doesn't burn....

Last edited:
Pasta with sauteed garlic, zucchini, mushrooms, (and sliced black olives, if available), with coarsely chopped tuna, in a tomato sauce with a little dry white wine added, if on hand. Topped with parmesan.
(If you have fresh basil, it's great to add at the end of cooking).

Last edited:
A friend gave me 3 nice steaks to cook and share with him. I made one steak into a little beef stew, with the Jasmine rice I'll have two bowls, and so will he.

I had one bowl for dinner. Good stuff!

Fresh from the garden summer veggies...for me that means a light saute in butter with a little garlic, salt and pepper and finish with some parm. Easy and so yummy.

Just for variety's sake, I'll go in a different direction. Chop the zucchini into bite sized chunks, along with fresh onion, and tomato, and celery if you have it. Place them into a saucepan with a little oil, and cook until tender, stirring frequently. Add the tomato sauce along with some hot sauce (whatever is your favorite brand, or you have on hand), along with a bit of cayenne pepper. Add a tsp. of chopped cilantro and a minced clove of garlic. Simmer for another ten minutes or so, then remove from heat and chill until cold. Serve with cheese slices and tortilla chips.

Oh, what you have made is a version of gazpacho, a chilled soup that is very refreshing and good on a hot summer day. It's like Ratatouille, but is Spanish rather than French, and is a veggie soup rather than a stew. It usually is spicier as well.

And what kind of squash are you talking about, other than the zucchini?

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I think I would go with pasta, but ratatouille is also really good. I could only go with the ratatouille if I have some decent bread in the house.

About 4 (FRESH) zucchini and 4 squash, already cut portabella mushrooms, shredded mexican cheese (anything to make bread/dough with), parm cheese, eggs, 1-15 oz can of tomato sauce, tomatoes, brown rice, noodles, wild rice, & tuna.
Those are the contents of my pantry at the moment. I just picked the zucch and squash out of the garden and am excited to use them. I just don't know how!
Does anyone have any recipes or suggestions? I can't really run to the store to go get anything. I was thinking maybe a pizza or something, but not sure.

Open to suggestions. Thank you all in advance.
:mrgreen:
Zucchini/squash / mushrooms you can turn it into a nice roasted Mediterranean veg but you'll need some basil and olive oil but and some cracked pepper too.

Fresh tuna? you can sear on the pan and just eat it with wild rice.
With the flour and eggs you can make some pasta fill it with tuna or zucchini/mushroom tomato/mushroom.

I can think of more things but i only can type this much atm :)

Back
Top Bottom