Is this green beans recipe good in your opinion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef

if i want to cook longer how much water to add? i want to cook it for one hour at least.. and also reduce the liquid at the end

edit. i will use water because i don't have chicken stock. considering adding some msg as well

🤷‍♀️

IMO the seasoned pot liquor is an important part of the dish.

I would toss in some new potato chunks after the first half hour and make it a one pot meal.

I wouldn’t add any additional liquid unless it was needed. Check the pot every half hour or so and add a little if you feel it is necessary.

I can see it and I'm American. Epicurious is not a paid site here.

I could see it briefly and then this came up:

Screenshot_20230611-095140_Chrome.jpg

The only "long cooked beans" I make are the Chinese dry fried green beans (not the restaurant deep fried version), which get shriveled up, and chewy. I sometimes put beans in curries, just to use them up, but that's about the only thing I cook them in to where they get soft.

I didn't used to have to pay (and still won't) to see Epicurius, but the last time I clicked on a recipe, I had one of those screens come up that told me that I only had 3 free recipes left (or however they word it), so I haven't checked them out since! They didn't used to do that.

You will have to write out the recipe for many of us to view. Epicurious is a paid subscription that I don't subscribe to.
I got a message about paying. I tried opening it in a private window, which doesn't save cookies. The site said that I had run out of free views. :unsure:

How do they know if I have looked before? Or do they just tell everyone that they have run out of free views, if they aren't logged in? I did manage to see the recipe. I used FireFox's "reader view". For what it's worth, I wouldn't use that recipe. It doesn't sound awful, but it doesn't sound good to me.

taxy... your "private window" is a different computer with a different ip address? If not, they know it's you whether you change your name or not.

GG - that is the same message I get. I think I got same message from BHG as well. After viewing 3 recipes, they want you to subscribe.
I also cannot read a lot of stuff from newspapers, at all! They don't even give you freebee - eg. New York Times, unless I subscribe.

We all have different tastes. My grandmother made a soft boiled green bean dish I liked with bacon and potatoes. Most vegetables I like crisp but green beans can be tough at times and are good cooked longer. Glad you liked it!

I got the same message about running out of free recipes...

It's not for me. Too much onion. I would have agita for 3 days. I bet that would be a good recipe for yard long (Chinese) green beans.

1692622771709.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom