Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i read my first bones book "devil bones", have you read it? please let me know how "deja dead" is.

I haven't read Devil Bones yet. Deja Dead is good. I've read several others of hers, one I think was Bones to Ashes. I don't remember all the titles, I have to read the synopsis all the time or I'll get the same book again! Hope you are feeling better soon.

I haven't read Devil Bones yet. Deja Dead is good. I've read several others of hers, one I think was Bones to Ashes. I don't remember all the titles, I have to read the synopsis all the time or I'll get the same book again! Hope you are feeling better soon.
thank you i am feeling a little bit better. fever is down to 100 but this throat and ear thing won't let go. my older girl got it 5 days before me and she still has the sore throat and voice coming and going thing. spring sickness stinks, it just hangs on forever. thank you again for the well wishes.

Just started Falling Angels by Tracy Chevalier, who also wrote Girl with a Pearl Earring, which I devoured. This one is great, too. Starts off with a real "bang" and I have a feeling I'm going to eat this one up also.

Right now I'm reading aloud to my blind friend, Galway Bay. Just finished a few murder mysteries (my favorite vice).

Burke's "Cadillac Jukebox." This is the second one by him I've read recently. The first I read was Tin Roof Blowdown and I loved it. He's amazing at description. Sometimes he can leave me going, "What the heck just happened?" but most of the time he's spot on and vivid in his hyperbole.

The first Burke I read was the one about the Confederate Dead, and I think I've read all of his books. Sometimes a little on the dark side, but I liked them all. I've spent a fair amount of time in the area he writes about which makes it even more interesting. His daughter is now writing as well.

Reading Elena Forbes, a new mystery writer. Two books so far, Die with Me and Our Lady Of Pain. On the back cover it says "dark, chilling and clever". My kind of books.

Just finished "Look me in the Eye" by John Robison. Excellent auto biography of living with Asperger's syndrome. My niece has that syndrome so it was rather enlightening. Now I'm onto the new Odd Thomas book "Odd Hours" by Dean Koontz.

Just finished "Wine and War" by Don and Petie Kladstrup. It's the story of WWII in France, and what happened to the wines. It reads like an adventure novel, but it's all true. Hair-raising.

Now I'm catching up on some professional periodicals. :)

actually, just looking for a part-time job until fall. I hope to do some work at the local community college, tutoring, basic cooking type classes, as well as some centering on culture and cuisine. Applying for a security position at an art museum later today.

Wine and War and Look me in the Eye are both ones I'll look for. Right now the book I'm finishing reading aloud is Galway Bay by Mary Pat Kelly. The thing is it that's a long book (551 pages), which when I'm reading to myself is no biggie. But try reading aloud. For reading myself, I've been sticking to "fun" murder mysteries and other kinds of light reading. My blind older lady friend I read to has even gotten tired of the Irish and their Troubles, so I'm going to read the last 30 pages myself and just tell her how it ends (I suspect she'd have liked it if I'd have done that a week or so ago). I also looked up one aspect of the book (a historical novel) to find out if it actually happened. She usually isn't big on novels, so I want to let her know about this particular episode in history.

My latest books I'm reading... I just gave away about 50-60 books at work to my coworkers. Have started culling down the massive collection.

1582344515.01._SX140_SY225_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

1580088082.01._SY190_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

0812971671.01._SX140_SY225_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

3822827746.01._SY190_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

3822846171.01._SY190_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I also just got a subscription to and all back issues of Super swa nky stuff!

Back
Top Bottom