Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got the entire Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and will be starting on the second book. I'm really enjoying these.

I picked up Alex Cross's Trial by James Patterson & Richard Dillalo. I am always suspicious of books that reek of an author selling his name to another author, so am curious of this (I cannot afford to buy the books I read; that is to say 3-7 a week, the library is my best friend). Sometimes an author takes over a series and does great at it. Sometimes, more often, the new author just cannot capture what the original did. Anyone have something to say on the subject?

I picked up Alex Cross's Trial by James Patterson & Richard Dillalo. I am always suspicious of books that reek of an author selling his name to another author, so am curious of this (I cannot afford to buy the books I read; that is to say 3-7 a week, the library is my best friend). Sometimes an author takes over a series and does great at it. Sometimes, more often, the new author just cannot capture what the original did. Anyone have something to say on the subject?

The only one's I've ever been happy with are the Clive Cussler series taken over by other authors and his son. I was and am not crazy by Anne McCaffrey's son Todd taking over the Pern series.

Usually the new authors try but cannot match the spark infused by the original author. I've found this to be so with V.C. Andrews and Lawrence Sanders. So far, the Patterson books with a second author that I have read have been good. It seems like it may be more of a mentoring type thing than taking over for him. I also like the fact that he gives them credit for working with him.

I'm keeping the Percy Jackson stories for light-reading before bed. Reading two others at this time, "Unknown," by Rachel Caine and my work book is, The Scarecrow," by Micheal Connelly. I'm in one of my short attention span periods when I have to many books to read so I try to read all of them at once. Happens about once a year.

FDR by Jean Edward Smith

I'm halfway through FDR (2007) by Jean Edward Smith. This is a fascinating biography of Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

i've been reading the book on Susan Boyle. I hope she is very successful but the book isn't written very well - terribly repetitive.

It is a book called The Devil's Food Dictionary. It has to be one of the funniest food books I have read.

Im only on page 64 but it has kept my interest so far. I have never read this author before.....was a Walmart special!!!! lol

If you enjoy it, I can recommend the rest of his books. This one is just the latest I've picked up.

Kingdom Keepers, by Ridley Pearson, another visit to juvenile books...I must be in my second childhood already.

Back
Top Bottom