Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The book was true to the show... errmm.. the show was true to the book. The book was more detailed. I found Martin's writing style detailed but straight forward. He isn't flowery, just complete.

Face paced when it needed to be. Very similar to R A Salvator in style, but smoother.

Finished Face Changers, it was as good as Thomas Perry's stuff usually is. I'm now into Odd Thomas. I have LOL'ed a few times and I'm only a few pages into it.

The book was true to the show... errmm.. the show was true to the book. The book was more detailed. I found Martin's writing style detailed but straight forward. He isn't flowery, just complete.

Face paced when it needed to be. Very similar to R A Salvator in style, but smoother.

Thanks, Frank!:)

Started the Marion Zimmer Bradley Darkover trilogy, A World Divided: Star of Danger, The Bloody Sun and The Winds of Darkover.

finishing up "By Their Hand" while waiting for my books by mail from the library. it is like having your own public library.

actually is is "by their father's hand" guy in calif. that thought he was jesus, had many children with his daughters . he shot and killed nine of the kids, cause the law was asking questions. really a scum bucket guy.

I think on this one, it depends on how often you buy new books. I almost never do. I buy used, when I do buy, and mostly use library books. I have several hundred books around the house, a big reference library of odd sorts. But I'm slowly getting rid of a lot of all of them. I'm even thinking of asking two friends who collect cookbooks to come and pick over my collection. That'll be a heart-breaker, but in fact, can't remember the last time I used a recipe aside from a dozen or so favorites, so eventually they will have to go. I'm one of those people who don't like a lot of stuff around that is not of use to me.

I think on this one, it depends on how often you buy new books. I almost never do. I buy used, when I do buy, and mostly use library books. I have several hundred books around the house, a big reference library of odd sorts. But I'm slowly getting rid of a lot of all of them. I'm even thinking of asking two friends who collect cookbooks to come and pick over my collection. That'll be a heart-breaker, but in fact, can't remember the last time I used a recipe aside from a dozen or so favorites, so eventually they will have to go. I'm one of those people who don't like a lot of stuff around that is not of use to me.

I have lost the use of 6-8 inches of the perimeter of most rooms in the apartment because of bookcases. And there are still stacks of books that don't fit into bookcases. I have over $300 worth of credit at the used bookstore, it used to be more...much more. Books are an addiction.

Oh, and Pacanis, you can download the Kindle app and read your books on any e-device. I have it on my Blackberry, IPad, laptop and PC. Anytime you order a book, it automatically goes to the other devices. You don't even need a Kindle.

One click, it's a beautiful thing!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Kindle! You will love it!

Last edited:
Thanks Alix.

Dead Tree Books... I knew what was being referred to, but I didn't know the acronym either.
That kills me these utility companies that send me a seven page letter every two weeks asking me to go electronic to save a tree... HellOOOOOO.... lolololol

It's certainly a good crash course for me, Dawg.
20 years from now all the "DTB"s will have been burned anyway ;^)

Right now I am "reading" the W-S catalog, June edition.
My gawd! I'm salivating all over the first few pages with all that grilled food. And that turkey and black turtle bean chili... :pig:
If you haven't yet opened this up, preferring to look at that rib on the front cover, I highly recommend it. :chef:

Still on the cooking books - Picked up "Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution" from Costco the other day. Recipes are great but the story behind it is even better. I like a book where I am learning as much about the author and their food story as the actual recipes!

Oh, and Pacanis, you can download the Kindle app and read your books on any e-device. I have it on my Blackberry, IPad, laptop and PC. Anytime you order a book, it automatically goes to the other devices. You don't even need a Kindle.

One click, it's a beautiful thing!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Kindle! You will love it!

Thanks, Dawgluver, I am going to look into this for my netbook. I figure with it and my internet stick I don't need a kindle weighing down my purse/bag too! :)

Last edited:
LPBeier said:
Thanks, Dawgluver, I am going to look into this for my netbook. I figure with it and my internet stick I don't need a kindle weighing down my purse/bag too! :)

Where do I find it?

I think you just google download Kindle App for PC or somesuch. Ya know, it's been so long...

It's in BB App store, Ipad/Iphone through their app store, Amazon.com (Kindle), I will have to go back and try to figure out how I got it on my PC and laptop.

As I recall, you need an Amazon account no matter what. Kindle Nation free newsletter may also have advice.

Aha! I googled download Kindle for PC, and it took me to the Amazon site with free download and a listing of free books.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom